X-Men Days Of Future Past Magneto Helmet NEW NEW PHOTOS!!

Re: X-Men Days Of Future Past Magneto Helmet UPDATE! ARMOUR STARTED 11/05

It looks like a neoprene undershirt, the armour is mounted to a kind of vest that wraps around under the arms, not sure what it does at the back, but there is also spacer mesh underneath the plates, it looks simple from a distance, but it really isn't lol

What are you making it with? something like worbla?

I hope they make it look good in the movie, i'm not quite sold on the pants yet:p

I'm using sheet styrene to get the bacic shape, then refining it with body filler.

UPDATE 18/05

Progress marches on, the helmet mold is pretty much done, and the armour is progressing nicely, I am getting in some sample of spacer mesh this week to try and get an accurate match, here's where I am as of today.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 296
Re: X-Men Days Of Future Past Magneto Helmet UPDATE! ARMOUR STARTED 18/05

In some interview, Michael Fassbender said that there was going to be a scene of Magneto creating his helmet out of different metals, so I'm pretty sure that's the explanation of the texture of the helmet.

Yeah I saw that, that was the original plan but it was scrapped in favour of him going to get his helmet from a lock up, this is what we see in the trailer. As an additional note I am going to be reworking the back of the helmet slightly to add some details that I saw in the movie last night, I want this to be as good as possible.

Movie was Awesome!.. convinced the gf I could get the helmet ;) haha... do you have a straight on pic of the helmet?

Hey guys! I'm relatively new but I love the new suit/helmet you're making. I was wondering if you guys could help me on my own project! I've been using foam for everything. EVA foam that is. I was wondering why every time I cut the foam there's fridges left and the cut isn't smooth. Also I've looked at the pieces for the body armor you've done (the part I am working on currently) how would I make slants on it. The slopes are very hard to make from foam And that's what I find the hardest to do. Things like the helmets crown piece have these slants that are hard for foam to make into that position. Any suggestions?

Hey guys! I'm relatively new but I love the new suit/helmet you're making. I was wondering if you guys could help me on my own project! I've been using foam for everything. EVA foam that is. I was wondering why every time I cut the foam there's fridges left and the cut isn't smooth. Also I've looked at the pieces for the body armor you've done (the part I am working on currently) how would I make slants on it. The slopes are very hard to make from foam And that's what I find the hardest to do. Things like the helmets crown piece have these slants that are hard for foam to make into that position. Any suggestions?

I can't really offer any advice at all as I am not using foam, the helmet was a clay sculpt and the body armour I made from sheets of styrene and car body filler (bondo) lots of sanding and shaping by hand, sorry.

Jay, I will get some good shots of the first cast this weekend.

Update time

Here is the first cast with a quick trim and a very quick paintjob just to show up some detail, definitely NOT the final colours I will be using, but I was keen to show this off..

Attachments

• mag1.jpg
    mag1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 321
  • mag2.jpg
    mag2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 307
  • mag3.jpg
    mag3.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Re: X-Men Days Of Future Past Magneto Helmet UPDATE! FIRST CAST OUT - PHOTOS

Amazing work, I hope you could upload the files of Pepakura of this helmet. I want to make it.

damn that's exciting stuff!!! This is gonna be sick when finished!

Hey jb just wondering, what are you going to use for the suit. The shirt has like maroon sleeves and a black center. I havent been able to find one on the web that fits what it looks like in the movies

It looks like a maroon shirt, the pattern is something I have to look into, the armour actually fits to a vest of sorts, from what I can see its like a body armour shell for the front of his torso which is covered with a spacer mesh type fabric, the armour then goes on top of that.

The helmet turned out great JB. Can't wait to see all the finished pieces together.

After seeing a few small details in the movie that I couldn't pick out in the original photos, I went back and modified my first cast, here are the results so far....

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 207
It's looking so good. Did you make any changes to the front crest? In some of the photos, it looks like it's too tall and doesn't curve in enough.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back