X-Men Days Of Future Past Magneto Helmet NEW NEW PHOTOS!!

Re: X-Men Days Of Future Past Magneto Helmet

Looking pretty close.

mag-helm-comp2.jpg

Shaping up really good JB, are you going to try and copy the big scratches and cracks?

Yeah I'm trying to add as many as I can pick out from the photos, I've had to take a little creative license with the back parts.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 306
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 260
Re: X-Men Days Of Future Past Magneto Helmet UPDATE! 01/05

Are you going to wait for the movie to come out before doing the final detail pass or are you just gonna go for it with the info we currently have?

I am pretty happy that I have nailed down the shape as much as possible, I would never be able to match every scratch before the movie comes out, and I am planning on making the full costume so I need to crack on and get this molded. There will be an interest thread going up soon if anyone thinks they might like a cast.

Once you get the armor done are you going to offer that as well? I am interested in the helmet but might hold off and get armor from you as well if you do it too...

Depending how well it turns out I'd be happy to offer armour if people wanted it, right now I'm trying to figure how its mounted to the screen costume, looks like its on a vest that goes over the red shirt as opposed to fitted directly to the shirt.

Looking at the costume I agree, it looks like the armor is mounted to a mesh vest. Judging (see what I did there) by your avatar pic I have a feeling you have some experience with armor mounted to a mesh vest.

- - - Updated - - -

X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past-Young-Magneto.jpg

The work on the helmet is spot on. Can't wait to see the final molded product.

Last edited:

Ha ha very good! Though in actual fact I never ended up making a Judge suit for myself, the mesh looks similar to the TDK mesh..

As part of Mag helmet anonymous I feel your pain, trying to deal with so many references and conflicting angles.

So far its looks pretty awesome dude. You got my thumbs up approval! :thumbsup

I think i may have to make a purchase on this one:) Are you going to sell it smooth and give the option of buyers adding in damage?

... so im guessing they pretty much merged the First class and x-men1-3 helmets together. it certainly makes sense in this movie

Hi Jay! Yeah back to Magneto madness again, the helmet will have a fair bit of damage cast into it, as much as I could add from reference photos to be as faithful as possible, but I am sure people can add their own with a Dremmel or a good kick down some stairs.

UPDATE:

The helmet is well into its 3rd coat of silicone so I started putting together the armour from the hand drawn templates I made, here is where I am so far, 2 pieces are 85% there.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 291
  • X-Men-Days-Future-Past-140219-19.png
    X-Men-Days-Future-Past-140219-19.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,614
Re: X-Men Days Of Future Past Magneto Helmet UPDATE! ARMOUR STARTED 11/05

SO its too late to make a suggestion? :p... I kinda wanna smooth it all out and have a transition helmet... i may need to buy 2 hahaha

How long before you are good to go?

.. I now want to get this and make a first class outfit and have a comic con weekend of it

I'm guessing the idea is the the "scars" are actually textural remnants of Magneto actually forming the helmet using his powers and not that he got attached with a chainsaw. :)

Then he is a lazy lazy master of magnetism :p.. I'd be mind polishing my helmet if it was mine.....oh yeh, i just saw what i said there..there's no going back now.

I would love to here the reason from the designers.. they probably just decided.."oww texture would be cool", but im sure we'd get a story about constant form control or
forced amalgamation of materials which react but mag keeps them all together cause he's awesome.

Has marvel ever mentioned what material can keep Prof X out of your head?

Ohhh.. it could be a pick up line... "hey look at my battle scars..I was in battles and ****"

It seems odd to me that the helmet appears to have had the crap kicked out of it and yet the armour is almost pristine, but then I come the point 'why does Magneto need armour?'

And the first cast should be out within the next week. I guess it would be a fun project to smooth it all out. :)

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new armor.

I kinda wish they just down a nice red leather military suit instead of the armor and spandex arms.

That said, I'm eager for the movie to prove me wrong.

magneto4.jpg

Last edited:

Lol..an interesting use of the street fighter movie... i like it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back