X-men Cyclops 90's era

pics of some of the other items coming along. Going to have to suck it up and mold this thing already. Anyone have tips on how to smooth this clay? its chavant. I havent tried any methods yet just thought id ask what people like to do to make it smooth/even.

IMG_0211 by Rj , on Flickr

IMG_0212 by Rj , on Flickr

IMG_0213 by Rj , on Flickr

IMG_0214 by Rj , on Flickr

IMG_0216 by Rj , on Flickr

IMG_0217 by Rj , on Flickr

IMG_0220 by Rj , on Flickr

IMG_0221 by Rj , on Flickr

IMG_0222 by Rj , on Flickr

This is definitely a great build. 90's era X-Men was pretty bad ass!

Any intention of incorporating a lighting mechanism to get the optic blast effect?

One thing you might wanna consider to get the 'flash' effect is using a camera flash.

A friend and I were experimenting a few years back with taking apart of camera and inserting the flash into the center of the lens and having it go off.

Dang! I think I like the Psylocke costume just as much as what I'm seeing for your Cyclops. Can't wait to see how the Cyclops is going to turn out, though. My favorite era of X-men!! I don't care how many pouches you have on your belt. :)

Btw, are you planning to plasti-dip the pouches or just paint them with something? I couldn't find if you'd said what your plan was.

Love the build, 90's X-Men did have the best looks.

I'm curious what paint you used to spray the boots with, and how they turned out I am thinking of doing something similar but I'm not sure how well spray painting boots would work and how durable the paint would be.

well i just used krylon fusion on the boots. The soles are yellow plasti-kote. The boots actually have spandex boot covers that my gf sewed for them, the only reason i did the yellow was because the black underneath was skewing the color. HOWEVER, i will say that the fusion on the black would be enough to look nice. its smooth and flexes without a problem that i can see.

Btw, are you planning to plasti-dip the pouches or just paint them with something? I couldn't find if you'd said what your plan was.

i had ordered some latex paint from monstermakers but it doesnt look like its going to get here in time. So i just tested plati-kote on some of the pouches last night and i think ill just use that unless the paint gets here magically in time.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back