X-Files, The

I recently joined the RPF community in order to announce and hopefully start up some interest to all fellow X-FILES fans in what is a joint collaboration between myself, Demijan Omeragic who posted this - X-Files Alien Stiletto Prop Replica and a fellow RPF member known as RUSSrep on here, and who can also be found at R B replicas & Custom machined products from films and games by RbreplicasStore who is making a small-to-moderate run at first of the Alien Stilletto (aka Gimlet) that was featured in the show. As a massive x-files fan I've been looking at this project for a long, long time now and would like to share it with my fellow fans of the show and hopefully we can get it under way if we have at least 10 people to start with.
Rest assured it is the result of exhaustive research, plenty of hard work and a lot of time and effort. We've come up with a version which tries to incorporate little aspects - to combine all of the versions that were featured on the show - in creating one unique piece. To obviously stay within the confines of the law - I believe Russ from RB Replicas is planning on having it as a spring moving (spike) not locking - just free movement and all will be machined from Aluminium and stainless steel. It will also be posted/shipped in two parts, the handle and the spike. As I say, at least 10 people and we should be able to start this up and get it priced etc. Let us know of any interest in this and feel free to spread the word to any other fellow x-files fans you may know on here. Any questions on the project for me - feel free and/or more info on the actual machined piece can be directed to Russell Brown at RB Replicas on the above links. Thanks guys! Let's finally get this 'holy grail' of x-files props done after years of us all wanting one! :)

Alien_Stiletto_Bounty_Hunter_Colony.jpg 3X24_stiletto.jpg x-files-season-2-16-colony.jpg

I recently joined the RPF community in order to announce and hopefully start up some interest to all fellow X-FILES fans in what is a joint collaboration between myself, Demijan Omeragic who posted this - X-Files Alien Stiletto Prop Replica and a fellow RPF member known as RUSSrep on here, and who can also be found at R B replicas & Custom machined products from films and games by RbreplicasStore who is making a small-to-moderate run at first of the Alien Stilletto (aka Gimlet) that was featured in the show. As a massive x-files fan I've been looking at this project for a long, long time now and would like to share it with my fellow fans of the show and hopefully we can get it under way if we have at least 10 people to start with.
Rest assured it is the result of exhaustive research, plenty of hard work and a lot of time and effort. We've come up with a version which tries to incorporate little aspects - to combine all of the versions that were featured on the show - in creating one unique piece. To obviously stay within the confines of the law - I believe Russ from RB Replicas is planning on having it as a spring moving (spike) not locking - just free movement and all will be machined from Aluminium and stainless steel. It will also be posted/shipped in two parts, the handle and the spike. As I say, at least 10 people and we should be able to start this up and get it priced etc. Let us know of any interest in this and feel free to spread the word to any other fellow x-files fans you may know on here. Any questions on the project for me - feel free and/or more info on the actual machined piece can be directed to Russell Brown at RB Replicas on the above links. Thanks guys! Let's finally get this 'holy grail' of x-files props done after years of us all wanting one! :)
Certainly interested! I have been looking for one of these for years.

Interested here, but maybe you should start an "official" interest thread in the Classifieds section (russrep is a premium member, so he can start an INT thread)? Spring loaded would be great. I understand that making the "blade" part lock could give legal troubles, but it would be nice if it can be locked INSIDE some way or another, and it can then slide out with a push of the button (without the blade being locked outside).

Interested here, but maybe you should start an "official" interest thread in the Classifieds section (russrep is a premium member, so he can start an INT thread)? Spring loaded would be great. I understand that making the "blade" part lock could give legal troubles, but it would be nice if it can be locked INSIDE some way or another, and it can then slide out with a push of the button (without the blade being locked outside).
Agreed, version with possibility to display without blade would be really neat. (I would be fine with easily removable blade)
Depending from the final price I might get 1 or 2 these, so I could display both variants. :)

Was definitely planning on posting this in more areas on here, just finding my way around cus RPF is quite new to me even though I've known about the site for years - but never actually got round to joining till recently. As for the suggestion on the actual mechanics of the blade - I will certainly run it by russ for sure, it will all come down to what he can do but if anyone can it would be him if his other work is anything to go by :)

Russ is well known on the RPF I guess... I'm quite confident that quality will be OK when he will be producing these! So certainly keep us posted when there is an actual INT thread started!

I know this is probably a FAQ but what's with the Photobucket watermarks on most of the pictures? Is it possible to access the pictures without it in any way? Presumably this marks a change in Photobucket policy in the last 10 years so perhaps not. :(

I know this is probably a FAQ but what's with the Photobucket watermarks on most of the pictures? Is it possible to access the pictures without it in any way? Presumably this marks a change in Photobucket policy in the last 10 years so perhaps not. :(
Heres a little RPF history.

As I remember it, Long ago there was no way to host images on the RPF and if you wanted to post images you had to use a site like Photobucket to host images and then hot link them in your post.

Then Photobucket changed their terms and conditions and started watermarking all images that were hot linked unless you had an payed subscription. Not long after this happened the great Overseers of the RPF upgraded so that images could be hosted on the site.

That is why all the older pics are watermarked.

Heres a little RPF history.

As I remember it, Long ago there was no way to host images on the RPF and if you wanted to post images you had to use a site like Photobucket to host images and then hot link them in your post.

Then Photobucket changed their terms and conditions and started watermarking all images that were hot linked unless you had an payed subscription. Not long after this happened the great Overseers of the RPF upgraded so that images could be hosted on the site.

That is why all the older pics are watermarked.
ohhhh okay that makes sense. I had a feeling they were not intentionally like that and given their age I figured some kind of policy change was the culprit. Hey thanks for taking the time for the history lesson, much appreciated.

ohhhh okay that makes sense. I had a feeling they were not intentionally like that and given their age I figured some kind of policy change was the culprit. Hey thanks for taking the time for the history lesson, much appreciated.
always happy to help.

Hi guys, even though my username is "Drago", this is actually "Demijan", the person mentioned by Craig. I am behind several X-Files stiletto replicas made many years ago, and here is just one of them:

I also helped member "Terrasolo" in the creation of several of his own X-Files props, including but not limited to the alien stiletto and also the alien "firewand" weapon which was a huge project of ours:

Even though Craig mentioned my name in the original post, I do have to make a slight correction, and that is, that I am not really part of this project in any way. I merely helped Craig via E-Mails and FB messages on how to best get started, providing some important information and things to watch out for during the whole process... but I am not involved in his particular project. I still thank him for mentioning my name, and I also apologize to him that I stopped communicating recently, because I have been insanely busy with lots of stuff.

To Craig: I will contact you in the coming days via E-Mail for some additional info. And I wish you good luck with the project. :)

Hmm... I also just noticed it says "New Member" below my username, even though I joined in 2010?
I think this has to do with your message count. If that's not very high, I think you'll be consider a "new member" (despite the joining date).

Well, thanks for taking your time to share the information for Graig and who else might be planning to do run of these. I hope some one can get these done. :)

My first attempt at making a replica of some case Files with more to come, they need a tweak but I’m happy with then so far.
I see that you copied my Scully page, which I feel I should state is not a screen accurate page, it's one I made up based off of the screen accurate Mulder pages. So technically you made a replica of a fan made-up file. Just thought you should know so that I didn't feel like I was misrepresenting that replica I made.

The Mulder file I made is accurate to the episode, however, although I think my pics here may be before I had made one more screen accurate change.

This is my first RPF post—so please forgive any faux pas—but I wanted to share some of the material for X-Files ID badges I have been compiling and working on. Mulder and Scully's clip-on badges have always been a favorite prop of mine because of how recognizable they are for the audience, and how quotidian they are for the characters. But as a refuse to pay the prop pirates elsewhere for forum members hard work, I turned to this thread! I've used the propstore listing for screen used examples as a reference before combining and customizing elements from 80sguy and deadbolt to create as close to SA replicas as possible. I plan to print the images separate from the cards to better match the original prop (and I'm happy to share these materials if anyone else would like them) but I wanted to provide a simple printable for other members new to creating replicas! :D

Aged Scully Badge by JSho21(1).png Aged Mulder Badge by JSho21.png

Attachments

• Badge reverse by 80sguy.png
    Badge reverse by 80sguy.png
    438.9 KB · Views: 124
I recently found on yourprops a collector who had a set of the wallet/id/badge credentials that are seen in the opening credits of the show. Different from the ones used in episodes.

Does anyone have any leads on a maker or source for those?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back