X-Files, The

Definitely not screen accurate, but very close. The fonts don't really match with the original props and the error remains on the yellow page.
"Co/" does not mean anything. The correct form is "c/o" which is an abbreviation for "care of".
Other than that it is an absolutely amazing job and very well-done! Thank you for sharing your work!

Below is my humble try on a cover. It is supposed to be printed on A4, then cut around the thin gray line to give it tabs and then glued on the outside of a folder. For the file numbers I would use the fonts XBAND Rough or Trixie Plain which can be found for free. For the file name probably a font like Arial Bold. I attach a screencaps from episodes as referense.

But we have seen that there is not just one form to how an X-File looks, there were many different designs on the show. I would say nothing can be regarded as unacceptable and it all depends on the creativity and imagination of the fan who creates it.

During the 90s I used to make (just for me) some X-Files for various episodes using a cover like the one bellow As file numbers I would use the production codes (i.e. #1X79, or #3X24/4X01, #6ABX22/7ABX03-04), in the rare occasion that an X-File file number was given, I would add it to the tab on the side (X 129202 was the number for Tooms). I would also add the file name like in the screencap below (i.e. BIOGENESIS). The original air date of the episode would also be written on the side tab using the XBAND Rough font. Inside the folder I would put a printed synopsis and the cast and crew details of the episode(s) that could be found in the episode guide of the official X-Files website (xfiles.com) and I would also include a transcript of the episode(s) from Inside|The|X: The X-Files Transcripts Archive that I would format accordingly to look as if they belonged in an X-File. I was very young and it was a very fun and nerdy hobby, I spent hours and a lot of paper and ink doing it.

Attachments

• Folder (1).png
    Folder (1).png
    148.9 KB · Views: 215
  • XBAND-Rough.png
    XBAND-Rough.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 170
  • font-map-trixieplain.png
    font-map-trixieplain.png
    54 KB · Views: 138
  • 3BR118.jpg
    3BR118.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 139
  • X_129202.jpg
    X_129202.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 183
Definitely not screen accurate, but very close. The fonts don't really match with the original props and the error remains on the yellow page.
"Co/" does not mean anything. The correct form is "c/o" which is an abbreviation for "care of".
Other than that it is an absolutely amazing job and very well-done! Thank you for sharing your work!

Below is my humble try on a cover. It is supposed to be printed on A4, then cut around the thin gray line to give it tabs and then glued on the outside of a folder. For the file numbers I would use the fonts XBAND Rough or Trixie Plain which can be found for free. For the file name probably a font like Arial Bold. I attach a screencaps from episodes as referense.

But we have seen that there is not just one form to how an X-File looks, there were many different designs on the show. I would say nothing can be regarded as unacceptable and it all depends on the creativity and imagination of the fan who creates it.

During the 90s I used to make (just for me) some X-Files for various episodes using a cover like the one bellow As file numbers I would use the production codes (i.e. #1X79, or #3X24/4X01, #6ABX22/7ABX03-04), in the rare occasion that an X-File file number was given, I would add it to the tab on the side (X 129202 was the number for Tooms). I would also add the file name like in the screencap below (i.e. BIOGENESIS). The original air date of the episode would also be written on the side tab using the XBAND Rough font. Inside the folder I would put a printed synopsis and the cast and crew details of the episode(s) that could be found in the episode guide of the official X-Files website (xfiles.com) and I would also include a transcript of the episode(s) from Inside|The|X: The X-Files Transcripts Archive that I would format accordingly to look as if they belonged in an X-File. I was very young and it was a very fun and nerdy hobby, I spent hours and a lot of paper and ink doing it.
That's some serious research thanks for sharing the fonts, I used standard fonts like Arial ,Times New Roman and Top secret stamp ,I'm also putting Easter eggs as file numbers like release date of episode for example my Samanta Mulder file has her death date as file number , saying screen accurate I mean the top opening folder I know the fonts and numbers are off.

That's some serious research thanks for sharing the fonts, I used standard fonts like Arial ,Times New Roman and Top secret stamp ,I'm also putting Easter eggs as file numbers like release date of episode , saying screen accurate I mean the top opening folder I know the fonts and numbers are off.
I am just a bit too picky about everything and I couldn't help myself!
Times New Roman I would sometimes use in the episode synopsis page. I used different styles through the years.
But Times New Roman does not belong on the cover and the Top Secret looks awful to me! (Tahoma is equally weird!)
It was really exciting to see your collection. I felt like I was back in the 90s but in a good way. It made me want to recreate my X-Files for every episode and movie, but sadly even though the resources are now way more accessible, time is too limited.
I hope you keep sharing stuff, it was really fun sharing nerdy X-Files props!

I am just a bit too picky about everything and I couldn't help myself!
Times New Roman I would sometimes use in the episode synopsis page. I used different styles through the years.
But Times New Roman does not belong on the cover and the Top Secret looks awful to me! (Tahoma is equally weird!)
It was really exciting to see your collection. I felt like I was back in the 90s but in a good way. It made me want to recreate my X-Files for every episode and movie, but sadly even though the resources are now way more accessible, time is too limited.
I hope you keep sharing stuff, it was really fun sharing nerdy X-Files props!

Examples of file covers for X-Files episodes "Deep Throat" and the "Biogenesis" trilogy...
Feedback (negative or positive) welcome.
Nice work ,yeah my folder have couple details wrong but they can always be fixed.

Last edited:
Hi! A fellow X-Files fan here! I've got a couple of things for you:
  • First, here's a RAR file with some high resolution images from The X-Files: The Official Archive (I don't own the book).
  • Then, my humble reconstruction of the case folders' cover I did a long time ago (around 2016). It's not very screen accurate, but it's something (At the time I didn't have good reference pictures)
  • A close-up photo of Samantha file.
  • Finally, a close-up photo of the Top Secret cover from the E.B.E. episode that Deep Throat gives Mulder. (Anyone wants to give this one a try? Or maybe somebody has a high resolution scan of this cover. The rest of that folder can be easily reconstructed from the Unrestricted Access reference photo, although the logo of the Department of the Air Force is redrawn, I believe)
Both close-up photos (Samantha's and E.B.E.'s) were taken from this twitter account, there you'll find other close-up photos from different cases. Maybe somebody can contact this guy, and he could help us by scanning some of those files he's got.

By the way, does somebody has the case reports from The Unrestricted Access? These are the ones I mean: CASE FILE 5x01
I only have the ones from season 5, I need seasons 1-4.

Attachments

• Cover (1).png
    Cover (1).png
    143.6 KB · Views: 116
  • closeup photos.zip
    262.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Hi! A fellow X-Files fan here! I've got a couple of things for you:
  • First, here's a RAR file with some high resolution images from The X-Files: The Official Archive (I don't own the book).
  • Then, my humble reconstruction of the case folders' cover I did a long time ago (around 2016). It's not very screen acurate, but it's something (At the time I didn't have good reference pictures)
  • A close-up photo of Samantha file.
  • Finally, a close-up photo of the Top Secret cover from the E.B.E. episode that Deep Throat gives Mulder. (Anyone wants to give this one a try? Or maybe somebody has a high resolution scan of this cover. The rest of that folder can be easily reconstructed from the Unrestricted Access reference photo, although the logo of the Department of the Air Force is redrawn, I believe)
Both close-up photos (Samantha's and E.B.E.'s) were taken from this twitter account, there you'll find other close-up photos from different cases. Maybe somebody can contact this guy, and he could help us by scanning some of those files he's got.

By the way, does somebody has the case reports from The Unrestricted Access? These are the ones I mean: CASE FILE 5x01
I only have the ones from season 5, I need seasons 1-4.
I have The Unrestricted Access and I will see if I can get these for you.

I have already shared the prop file contents here: The X-Files Unrestricted Access

Does anyone has a 3D model for the FBI badge used in the show, or a really close version? I'm from Argentina and it's impossible for me to buy one to other country, sadly. I can print the exact IDs and I know somebody that can make the leather wallet, so the badge is the only thing that's stopping me from making a replica of it. I know some places where they do 3D prints, but I don't have a 3D model, so any help would be really appreciated! Thank you!

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the 2 civil war pics from Field Where I Died? I saw the files posted from Unrestricted Access (amazing btw!) but they get pixelated when scaled up to size. I'm looking for them as a gift for a friend. Thanks.

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the 2 civil war pics from Field Where I Died? I saw the files posted from Unrestricted Access (amazing btw!) but they get pixelated when scaled up to size. I'm looking for them as a gift for a friend. Thanks.
thefield.JPG

I was able to find this Confederate Soldier photo with a bit higher resolution but no luck with the lady's photo.

I also tested AI upscaling for that:

4x thefield-4x.png and with original background: sulliv-4x-f2.png

And some AI upscaling for lady's photo from Unrestricted Access:

2x sarah-2x.png 4x sarah-4x.png

Her face went a bit weird looking. That could be fixed with photoshop though.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Tried to blend the face be less popping out:

sarah-4x-f2.png

Last edited:
View attachment 1414300

I was able to find this Confederate Soldier photo with a bit higher resolution but no luck with the lady's photo.

I also tested AI upscaling for that:

4x View attachment 1414301 and with original background: View attachment 1414314

And some AI upscaling for lady's photo from Unrestricted Access:

2x View attachment 1414302 4x View attachment 1414303

Her face went a bit weird looking. That could be fixed with photoshop though.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Tried to blend the face be less popping out:

View attachment 1414306
You're awesome!! Thank you!! My friend is gonna be so suprised!

If you do a run of replica's of that X-File folder and content, I want one for sure ;-). Or better: if you have High res scans of these documents and folder, I'd defenitely buy those files for making my own folder ;-). If you would share these for free, that would even be better ;-).
SO SORRY!! I completely didn't see your replies. I don't have a scanner anymore but here are some quick photos. Have fun all!

Attachments

• file1-1.jpg
    file1-1.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 110
  • file1-2.jpg
    file1-2.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 108
  • file1-3.jpg
    file1-3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • file1-4.jpg
    file1-4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
  • file2-1.jpg
    file2-1.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 95
  • file2-2.jpg
    file2-2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
  • file3-1.jpg
    file3-1.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 85
  • file3-2.jpg
    file3-2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
  • file3-3.jpg
    file3-3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
  • file4-1.jpg
    file4-1.jpg
    533.5 KB · Views: 89
  • file4-2.jpg
    file4-2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
  • file4-3.jpg
    file4-3.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 93
  • file4-4.jpg
    file4-4.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 129
starbuck179, could you let us know the size of the folders? I'd like to give it a shot to create a replica, based on the pictures, and then the measurements of the outer folder would be very helpful. Thanks!

starbuck179, could you let us know the size of the folders? I'd like to give it a shot to create a replica, based on the pictures, and then the measurements of the outer folder would be very helpful. Thanks!
Sure thing. The thickness of the folder makes it tricky to get an accurate width and I'm too lazy right now to take the papers out :). When open, it's 17 3/4" wide + 1/2" for the tab x 14 5/8 tall"

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back