X-Files, The

Discussion in 'Free Replica Paper Props' started by Goonie, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Darthdavi79

Darthdavi79 Member

I am big fan of the TV series, here are very cool props. :)

I want to believe

2. breen2057

breen2057 Sr Member

looking for some help, this is the patch that the Blue Beret UFO Retrieval Team wear. can someone make a vector version please. its a cool piece of the show that ive never seen made. would look great in a x files fan collection.

patch1.jpg XF-S2E01-MP5A3.jpg

3. breen2057

breen2057 Sr Member

From The X-Files 4x13 Never Again - Betty

The X-Files 4x13 Never Again - Betty.jpg

AZSneed likes this.
  4. Cmdr.Kerner

Cmdr.Kerner Sr Member

I can do that when I return home on about a month. Right now I'm on vacation in Florida and don't have the software here on this computer.

Dietrich

5. breen2057

breen2057 Sr Member

thanks for the offer Dietrich, i can wait. your work is always great. enjoy your vacation

6. Cmdr.Kerner

Cmdr.Kerner Sr Member

Thanks breen2057,

right now I'm in the home of my Klingon friends from the USS Haven (usshaven.net) in Altamonte Springs, FL.

Dietrich

Brigandia36 likes this.
  7. Terrasolo

Terrasolo Sr Member

I recently completed another paper project, CSM's business card and Cobra's secret message to Scully from the Season 7's "En Ami". Also seen here, worth a mention in the paper prop thread, is a pack of Morely's made by Magnoli Clothiers. Also for completion's sake, the disk full of medical science that CSM wanted from Cobra.

En Ami.jpg

Cmdr.Kerner likes this.
  8. Cmdr.Kerner

Cmdr.Kerner Sr Member

Patch.png
    Hi Breen2057,

here's the redrawn version of the patch.

Dietrich

AZSneed, Brigandia36 and breen2057 like this.
  9. breen2057

breen2057 Sr Member

wow thanks Dietrich
    this is outstanding work. thanks for doing it.

10. Cmdr.Kerner

Cmdr.Kerner Sr Member

Thanks breen2057, glad I could help.

Dietrich

11. Cmdr.Kerner

Cmdr.Kerner Sr Member

Thanks breen2057, glad I could help.

Dietrich

12. fish2keel

fish2keel New Member

Does anyone have an updated link or photo of the red files or possibly the fbi folder?

13. Cmdr.Kerner

Cmdr.Kerner Sr Member

14. deadbolt

deadbolt Sr Member

I felt the urge over the last few days to trace out a new FBI badge and figured I should post it here in case any of you guys or gals can make use of it.

This one is based on the Season 2 badges that were up for auction a ways back. I couldn't make much use of the Mulder and Scully photographs themselves since the images I was working from had watermarks running across the photos, but I plan to work on the signatures though.

Happy Thanksgiving!

-Carson

Attached Files:

15. BigDenny

BigDenny Active Member

Great work! Any potential of doing a set of wallet creds? I have the design of the card's borders if you want it.

16. deadbolt

deadbolt Sr Member

Thanks allot! And I've already started on the wallet cards, I decided to get all of the base IDs finished before I start on signatures and such. ;)

Also, I forgot to mention in the above post, the IDs I'm posting here are as accurate as possible to the sources I'm working from, though slightly cleaned up (tastefully, I think..) Like the radiuses on the B in FBI for example, I kept the correct multi-radius curves, but smoothed / left out the jaggedness of some of the lines.
    I couldn't find anything around the web currently that was quite accurate enough for me as far as the IDs go.. So that was my main motive in doing these, plus I grew up watching the x-files. :p

-Carson

AZSneed likes this.
  17. BigDenny

BigDenny Active Member

Sounds awesome! Attached are several I worked up, way back when

Attached Files:

AZSneed and Bear like this.
  18. wzrdmstr

wzrdmstr New Member

hey all, does anyone have a Doggett or Skinner ID?
    Thanks!

19. trowa195

trowa195 Active Member

Better late then never...
    Sorry I did not correct the rotation, I am more of a photoshop fan than GIMP and unfortunately GIMP is the only program that will work on my work computer as of now...

I got this and a few others in an auction. The cards are pretty good, pictures are a little off so I am working on cleaning up copies and getting the correct pictures.
    If anyone has any good/sharp copies of the Mulder and/or Scully wallet ID photos I would love to use them. I got as far as I could with screen caps and all this low resolution mumbo jumbo.

skinner scl.jpg

20. 80sguy

80sguy Active Member

These might be helpful.

Attached Files:

trowa195 and MooCriket like this.
  21. 80sguy

80sguy Active Member

Anyone know the dimensions of the wallet id? I've been working on it in illustrator. It's close to being done, but I don't have it sized correctly. I've just been tracing over the image in pixels size, which definitely isn't correct.

Attached Files:

trowa195 likes this.
  22. trowa195

trowa195 Active Member

I have checked around and everyone tends to avoid that question for some reason.
    I ended up finding some ID wallets that are close to the finished product. So far the cards I got on ebay are pretty good aside from the pictures. But they are a little small when I put them in the wallet. Seeing as how the originals were custom made I assumed this would happen. Here are some pics of the ID that I have in the wallet I found. again, not sure what the original measurements were but its something at least.

20170425_081133.jpg 20170425_081300.jpg 20170425_081434.jpg

Here is a full view of the wallets/cards I am working with...

wallets.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  23. deadbolt

deadbolt Sr Member

As for sizing, the Prop Store auction photos show both the screen-used hanging and wallet IDs with a ruler for scale:

-Carson

Attached Files:

trowa195 and AZSneed like this.
  24. trowa195

trowa195 Active Member

Thanks for the pictures! I hadn't found these yet.
    I got my badges in finally and I am very happy with them. Once I get good images of the ID photos and enlarge the ID card all I will have to do is get a piece of leather cut out to replace the one in the ID wallet I have and I should be done.

badge 2 sm.jpg badge sm.jpg

Attached Files:

AZSneed likes this.
  25. 80sguy

80sguy Active Member

I've been trying to find better pics of the wallet photos myself. The blue colour on the badges are bugging me though because I'm getting slightly different hints depending on the pics.

26. 80sguy

80sguy Active Member

Been working at this in illustrator again. No where near perfect. It's mostly finished, but I still don't have the exact dimensions for the IDs. I have it at 6 x 3.5 inches, but it might be too big. Can anyone help?
    BadgeWIP.png

ArgusUndercover likes this.
  27. Chaosdagger

Chaosdagger New Member

28. 80sguy

80sguy Active Member

So the wallet is 5 inches in length. So to the size of the card would be a little smaller to compensate for the room. So maybe about 4.75 inches?

29. Chaosdagger

Chaosdagger New Member

I`ve found this, and there`s a ton of badge around for sale. The most are not original, and so the size isn`t that acurate, but here i`ve got the dimensions from original.

https://www.invaluable.com/auction-...r-prop-fbi-badge-and-creden-345-c-ca48c2b47f#

Than check the item overview, and there you`ll have the dimensions for the card, not the leather wallet but the actual card.

So you where realy close whit you`re calculations, on the size in you`re last post.

80sguy likes this.
  30. TomVDJ

TomVDJ Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have this replica. The badge is a production used one, the wallet itself is a replica. I can take measurements it that would help...

Badge01.jpg

80sguy likes this.
  31. 80sguy

80sguy Active Member

Thanks! So it iooks like it's 4.25 width.

If you can please. Just want to double check a bit. I'll post the templates once I'm satisfied.

32. Caplan

Caplan Well-Known Member

I have an original, your dimensions is correct although some margin are more or less wide cutouts (because there have been many models depending on the season and even the episodes) the blue frieze is still the same size.

Bests

C.

33. Brigandia36

Brigandia36 Sr Member

01.jpg 03.jpg
    Originals from auction.

Cmdr.Kerner likes this.
  34. 80sguy

80sguy Active Member

Thanks guys! Here are the templates. Not 100%, but should look decent. Post some pics if you use 'em!

mulder.png scully.png

Attached Files:

AZSneed, Cmdr.Kerner and Brigandia36 like this.
  35. Caplan

Caplan Well-Known Member

Good job, just a quick note, it seems that you have problems with the printing of the letter I which is in bold, of what is visible on your PDF.

Best

I just made an impression quickly, as much for me everything seems very good!

36. 80sguy

80sguy Active Member

The letter I looks weird in the PDF, but it looks fine when printed. Don't know why it does that in the PDF.

37. Caplan

Caplan Well-Known Member

it's an optical effect it happens .. really nothing bad, your work is very nice !

80sguy likes this.
  38. Terrasolo

Terrasolo Sr Member

I recently finished two additions to my collection, more so upgrades. First is an updated catalogue card for Scully's implant from Redux/Redux II. After watching the episodes again on blu-ray I noticed more details that needed to be added. and the second is a screen accurate Season 6-9 picture frame for the Samantha photos from Mulder's desk, which I recreated in Photoshop using screen caps from DVDs and Blu-rays.

Redux.jpg Samantha.jpg

AZSneed likes this.
  39. AZSneed

AZSneed Sr Member

Excellent work, and real nice to see.

40. Terrasolo

Terrasolo Sr Member

Thank you.

41. iso1713

iso1713 New Member

You guys are great! I've been looking for a decent template of Morley cigarettes for so long that I got frustrated and created my own (based on the only halfway useable template I could find). And mere days after I'm finished I find them (and more) served on a silver platter in this forum... As a "thank you" I've uploaded my version of the pack: https://mega.nz/#!gAJF0T7Z!iGhYJxOsSdPQ-zXKyEJrqRJA1UXIBRkXkzwZSuocyyw

Brigandia36 and Cmdr.Kerner like this.
  42. ArgusUndercover

ArgusUndercover Active Member

I have the original prop master from the XFILES on my friends list on FB - I might do a set of these and put them on my timeline and see what he thinks ;) He is super nice and generally will give awesome feedback.... if he likes them I might ask him if he wants us to send him a set over.. although right now my laminator isn't working too good. Any one know if the show originals were laminated or just printed on premium gloss photo paper?

43. iso1713

iso1713 New Member

If you are referring to the cigarette packs, I've printed them on semi glossy coated heavy paper (230g/m²). They are almost indistinguishable from real ones. Actual packs are printed on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folding_boxboard

44. TomCallhagan

TomCallhagan New Member

Great job! I'm rewatching the entire saga and... thank you ! I have to find a wallet now :)

45. TomCallhagan

TomCallhagan New Member

Interested in a PDF if you still have it. I'm working on improving my collection of X-files related paper props !

46. ArgusUndercover

ArgusUndercover Active Member

No buddy was referring to the original FBI ID Cards... they must have been laminated card or something... as they weren't standard new age ID's were they ;)

47. wzrdmstr

wzrdmstr New Member

Hey! does anybody have a pdf or file image of Mulders License?
    Thanks!!!

48. TomCallhagan

TomCallhagan New Member

Hello there !

I'm working on a new version of a SECRET COVER SHEET from archive elements,
    and I'd like to add to it this "RECONSTRUCTED FROM DAMAGED DOCUMENTS" label.

The problem is that it's the best resolution reference I have and that I can't read all the text.
    Can anyone help me ? Thanks!

Attached Files:

49. DavyVO

DavyVO Well-Known Member

I think this is it:

This information contained in this folder has been classified Top Secret, and is intended [for?]
    authorized Federal Bureau of Investigation and United States Department of Justice [use?]
    only. Unauthorized or improper use is subject to severe civil and criminal [civil penalties?]
    including, but not limited to, imprisonment of up to 25 years and a fine of up to $250,000.

https://aadie.net/dtm3morklogo.jpg

TomCallhagan likes this.
  50. TomCallhagan

TomCallhagan New Member

A HUGE thank you !
    Tom