X-Files, The

Wow, has anyone seen this? Chris Carter had recently posted this online, and it appears to possibly be the original, unwarped photo from Unruhe!

What digital technique do you all think was used to make it look warped/twisted like the original screen-used prop?

-Carson

unruhe1.jpg

Screen-Used:
unruhe2.jpg

They're different pictures. Her expression is different, hand pose, hair, you can see more of her shoulder, lighting, etc. Lots of differences. Wonder what the new one was used for though, looks like a promo still.

Here's something interesting that I noticed recently. When I made my Samantha Mulder X-File, I had based it off what little we saw of the cover in "The End" and the internals that we saw in "Conduit", however after watching it again recently, I realized that the file in Season 1 was actually brown and an alternate cover design. Later in Season 5 they changed the cover to a darker version of the classic red X-File, however they still used her middle initial as "T" because that's what the file contents had used.
For a long time I had just assumed the Season 5 file was the same prop, and I suppose internally, it is, but they wanted the cover to be more in line with the rest of the X-Files.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 2.13.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 2.13.38 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 2.12.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 2.12.58 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • ConduitBR439.jpg
    ConduitBR439.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 29
  • ConduitBR16.jpg
    ConduitBR16.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 28
Wow, has anyone seen this? Chris Carter had recently posted this online, and it appears to possibly be the original, unwarped photo from Unruhe!

What digital technique do you all think was used to make it look warped/twisted like the original screen-used prop?

-Carson

View attachment 1557792

Screen-Used:
View attachment 1557793
Very interesting!!! I've been away for long and just saw this. "Chris Carter posted this online"?
Where was this posted? Chris Carter doesn't have any social media I think.

Cleaned these up a bit and squared them out (without changing too much of the original quality), as well as adding a little of the missing details that were cut off from the original photos in my previous post. Sadly the source photos are cut/cropped differently than the wallet photos (all variations obviously vary from prop to prop)..but still the best reference I've come across as of yet for clean photos. Note how the screen-used portrait photos are clearly hand cut (roughly, I should add), added and pasted on top, separately, to the seemingly photocopied-ish FBI I.D. backings as per all of the Lapel Badges from seasons 1 through 9.

..it's interesting though how many other films/shows used the very same FBI backing template as was used in (or, possibly created for) the X-Files. Maybe we should start a list of places it's been seen/used in other features over the years?

-Carson

Mulder.png

Scully.png

Last edited:
Does anyone know the Fonts used for the various Text and numbers used on the FBI X-files folder used in the early seasons.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hello! Who has a poster for seasons 4-5 to print? I really want the exact same one that Mulder has in the office! I myself am now working on creating the most similar version from 1-3 seasons and the version from the movie "I Want to Believe"!
do-you-know-who-i-am-im-fox-mulder-v0-0y20v4ym6d7a1-01.jpegThe RPF. Poster.jpg

Welp to get on the hype train of the new book getting announced! (instead of when I was finished with all the pieces in it) I want to reveal a new series I'm working on, every month I'm going to be working on a new file in the series, using as much original material as well as alot of my own work into a set of completed files, and for this month I present my Eugene Victor Tooms File! I'll have more to post for it (including some pieces for his second episode as well as some more complicated pieces) before the month ends but I hope you like this first bit of work! also let me know what other files you guys would like as I've only picked 4 months worth so far.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• Arrest Photo 2.png
    Arrest Photo 2.png
    3 MB · Views: 69
  • Exeter 1963.png
    Exeter 1963.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 56
  • Exeter 1993.png
    Exeter 1993.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 44
  • Old Toom 1.png
    Old Toom 1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • Old Toom 2.png
    Old Toom 2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • Old Toom 3.png
    Old Toom 3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • Folder Front - Eugene Victor Tooms.png
    Folder Front - Eugene Victor Tooms.png
    592.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Tooms Newspaper Clipping.png
    Tooms Newspaper Clipping.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • Arrest Photo 1.png
    Arrest Photo 1.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 62
  • Serial Killer Profile Letter.png
    Serial Killer Profile Letter.png
    708.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Arrest Letter.png
    Arrest Letter.png
    608.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Arrest Report (Baltimore Police).png
    Arrest Report (Baltimore Police).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
  • County Cenus 1903 TOOMS.png
    County Cenus 1903 TOOMS.png
    985.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Investigation Report Page 1.png
    Investigation Report Page 1.png
    721.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Investigation Report Page 2.png
    Investigation Report Page 2.png
    915.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Investigation Report Page 3.png
    Investigation Report Page 3.png
    987.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Polygraph Test Transcript.png
    Polygraph Test Transcript.png
    510.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Report Sheet - Eugene Victor Tooms.png
    Report Sheet - Eugene Victor Tooms.png
    366.3 KB · Views: 68
Welp to get on the hype train of the new book getting announced! (instead of when I was finished with all the pieces in it) I want to reveal a new series I'm working on, every month I'm going to be working on a new file in the series, using as much original material as well as alot of my own work into a set of completed files, and for this month I present my Eugene Victor Tooms File! I'll have more to post for it (including some pieces for his second episode as well as some more complicated pieces) before the month ends but I hope you like this first bit of work! also let me know what other files you guys would like as I've only picked 4 months worth so far.
Enjoy!

That is very cool, great work.

How about doing the first X-File from Season 5 episode 15 travelers.
First_X-File_.jpg

Enjoy!
Thank you Celeste Conway very nice of you great work!

Enjoy!
Oh my... thanks for sharing these!
Love from France

anyone know what episode we see the CSM CIA credentials? Want to replicate, but don't know which ep!
Thanks!
its shows up in season 4 episode 7 - Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man.

Here is a image of the ID that was shared by someone.

X-Files Spencer ID - Sm.png

Also there is a maker on Esty called WYNOTproductionsthat that sells a good replica. In case you decide not to make your own. I got on years ago of him and the quality is very good.

CIA CGB Spender ID.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back