X-Files "Opening Credits" wallet, badge and ID's.

MattMunson

Master Member
There was a time on the RPF when accomplishments were celebrated, and sharing of knowledge was welcomed. It seems that now the defacto behavior is deconstruction and criticism. I'm not surprised, as this is the trend on pretty much all social media platforms now.

Last edited:
The wallet looks really good for non leather !!! And definitely, badge and FBI writings are different from those on the show......very beautiful piece, congrats on it, I love it :love:

Very nice. I have a both of STSCARTS wallets. He does great work.
When mine arrived here, the wallet was like a kind of burnt/crushed on some places on the outside and I had asked for a shiny badge and honestly, mine looked like a plastic toy and not shiny at all.....I was a bit disappointed with the purchase but happy to have that piece after all.....

Last edited:
IFA, if it makes any difference, I owned a set of screen used wallets for a while, and the STSCARTS replicas are dead on, including the coloring/weathering of the badges. If you specified something different and you didn't receive it, I guess that's a different matter. But yeah the STSCARTS stuff is where it's at.
The wallets pictured above came with the badges. They're not totally correct, but they read well. It's really hard to tell from the opening credits what the size of the things are, but for me these do the trick. I got the wallets on etsy from a chinese seller. The one bummer is there's an FBI stamp on the back side. But then, who knows, maybe that was in the screen used ones too.

The wallet and the badges in the opening credits are actually the same as the ones used throughout the majority of the first 2 seasons.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

For some reason in the episode 'Conduit' they used a different wallet and badge.
full.jpg

In the Pilot episode they had a double ID card style wallet with no badge.
full.jpg

By episode 24 of season 2 they changed to the more familiar Tex Shoemaker style of wallet, and new badge design.
full.jpg

Last edited:
Turnipy, I dunno if you posted a different set of pictures than the ones you meant to, but the in-episode pictures you posted are of completely different wallets, cards, photos, and badges than the ones seen in the opening credits. One need look no further than the shape of the letter "B" in "FBI", or the photo of Mulder which is totally different in the opening credits than all of the screen grabs you posted.

Sorry, what I was meaning to show was that in the opening credits it's only the id cards that are different, the actual wallet and badge are the exact (or similar) style as used in the early seasons.

Sorry, that really wasn't my intention.
It's great that you shared this here. Please don't take my comment as a reason not to share.

I just assumed they were the same going by what can be seen in the credits.
Maybe I shouldn't have been so definitive in my statement.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back