Wyatt Earp Costume

I recently found a site that sells the hats AND the costs ( think the vests too) and they look fantastic. I have it saved at home. I'll post the link for you later.

thats more accurate now all i need is a hat,shirt,pants i think some black dress pants will work and a deputy us marshal badge
\

Finally, Something I consider myself an expert on... :) I did a Johnny Ringo outfit for halloween last year to compliment my buddy's Wyatt get-up. I'll post pics if you want.

There is a company called Wah Maker that made all the clothing in Tombstone. They do period western clothing based on paterns and styles that were used in the late 1800's. These are all "off the shelf" items like the frock coats in Funky's and Otter's links. Start with them for your shirts($40-$60), waistcoats ($40-$60), frock ($150) and/or rifle coats($180). You will need a cravat/puff tie/string tie and pin, watch chain. All of this can be gotten at off ebay or at select western clothing stores. It's nice to have the Buntline pistol with the 10" barrel, but you won't find a non-firing replica. You can pick up a Denix replica of a Colt SAA with a 7-1/2" barrel for around $50 and grab a replica of the grip plate off ebay for a few bucks. It will work in a pinch. The gun belt/holster will set you back for a nice rig, but you can find cheaper stuff off ebay and places like Sportsman's Guide / Bass Pro Shops / Cabella's. If you want to drop the cash, Cimarron arms makes a firing replica. You can find an assortment of badges on ebay, but I have not found one that's exact. Maybe a project for the board? You'll need the hat for the proper look as well. It appears to be a 5" brim with a bound edge. These will set you back also, about $125-$150. Don't forget boots and spurs. Tall top square-toe boots were the norm back in the day. The spurs used were a mexican spur with large rowels but anything will do as long as they have the jingle-bobs. I can give you numerous links for any of these. Let me know what you want and I'll post what I can.

PJ

PJ, I would defintiely like to talk to you more about your Ringo costume as I have been studying that costume and while it appears that Wah-Maker has virtually all of the pieces seen in the movie, the movie versions seem slightly different than what is available. Still, I'd love to get all the info you have on it.

Yes, Wah Maker is the place to go for all the soft goods. They are a company that re-enactors use, it's what the film makers chose as the wear for the movie. The problem is that styles have changed and it appears some are not available any longer.

Here are two pics of my bud's Wyatt costume. The hat is not correct, he used his everyday hat. It was too late in the game (and the wallet) to get a "correct" one.

http://home.comcast.net/~kevin.johnson1/pics/WYATT1.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~kevin.johnson1/pics/WYATT2.JPG

I bought my Ringo rig from a custom leather maker who did an awesome job at recreating it. I dropped a nickle plated DenixSAA replica with the grips painted Ivory in it and of course learned the Latin and the gun-play. :)

We won 1st at one contest and 2nd at another. I'll get dressed up and take a couple tonight if I can.

Both of you can drop me email at chromewhore@pinballrebel.com if you'd like.

PJ

Actually, for the film Tombstone, the mens suits and the finer womens dresses were tailor made in England. The cowboy clothing was made in the USA, some of it brought to the set by the extras who wore them. I do agree that Wah Maker offers some of the best off the rack authentic western gear.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back