WUD - 500 Freighter, Rebels Style.

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by oslm, Sep 11, 2015.

1. oslm

oslm Active Member

Hello,

I have been going over some of the old marvel Star Wars comics from the 70's and I found one ship I have never seen done as a 3D model on this site -- Here's a quick look at the ship in question:

WUD 500 Bottom view.png WUD 500 Side view.png WUD 500 Top view.png

These are the only good reference images I have been able to come up with, so my version may not be so exact -- I plan to do it's paint job in the similar style of the Ghost from Rebels (with a few slight changes) --

Anyway, here is the first part of the ship, The Ion Cannon on top of the main cockpit hull -- I have made it so it does fully rotate on it's axis point.

Gun turrent.jpg

I will be doing a few more updates n the next couple of days so please have a look and comments are always welcomed.

Enjoy

Oslm

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. oslm

oslm Active Member

Quick update:

I have now finished the 1st part of the cockpit hull, so here is a quick look:

cockpit hull 2.jpg

Since the original images don't really give a lot of details for this section, I have decided to base it off of a falcon style nose cone -- The overall coloring and texturing will be done at a later date so what you see is just temp.

Thanks for looking

Oslm

Attached Files:

3. oslm

oslm Active Member

Well after a few more hours of work, I started on the front leading wings and center spine -- I have decided this section is where I will be adding the most extra details for the ship -- So here is where I am currently at with the model --

WUD 500 Front view copy.jpg

I will be doing a top view render of this section after I add in a few more details --

Thanks again for looking and comments are always welcomed.

Oslm

rbeach84 likes this.
  4. Vacformedhero

Vacformedhero Sr Member

Very nice , I love seeing alternative ships especially since the yt1300 was a commercial vehicle , just think of how many variations of trucks on earth , so there is no reason for it to be any different in a fictional world

5. oslm

oslm Active Member

You are right about all of the possible variations the freighter can have -- Hopefully my final version will be a good mix of the comic book version and the type and style we see on Rebels.

Thanks for the comment.

Vacformedhero likes this.
  6. dkaniel

dkaniel Sr Member

Love the work you have done so far...please keep us posted!

7. oslm

oslm Active Member

Hi Dkaniel,

Thanks for the comment, I am going to to my best to keep updating this on a regular basis --

So here is an update for today -- I have gone over the left wing of the ship and started to add more details to the top of the wing -- I have also added details to the connector tube that runs down the center of the ship --

I have also started work on the base texture for the ship -- there are still many more layers to be added before that part will be finished though --

Here's a quick image for you guys to look at and thanks for viewing.

WUD 500 Left view.jpg