Wristblade Opinion PICS

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mothmonty

Sr Member
I am currently attempting to repaint all my armor pieces to have sort of a slightly corroded rebar look. I've done one coat of chrome on the wrist blade and was wondering if I should corrode the blades as well. Sorry about the pic quality, Opinions are most welcome
IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

spankygnarkill

I'd say for the effect of the whole asthetic corrode the blades. I think it would almost look weird if the gauntlets are all corroded and washed out and damaged and to have these perfect wrist blades that glisten and shine in the summer sunlight.

I mean they can get melted by alien blood, so it makes sense they can get corroded.
Love the look on the gauntlets so far btw.

ptgreek

I'd say only a bit of weathering... You still want that color to pop out.. If you do too much the whole piece will seem too uniform

MasterAnubis

I'm just agreeing with everyone else. The blades need weathered. The gauntlet is killer.

Remember that different metals corrode differently too. If you get over technical about it, if it were real, some of it might not corrode at all.