Wrist Gantlets and Bio

IronHunter

Okay...So I finally stumped upon this site once again about 3 years after I originally made an account here (xenomprh hunter....I was 12 damn it)

And yeah, I failed at all this stuff. Life takes a hold as a kid and you forget about this stuff,
but anyhow

Want to start getting back into constructing all this stuff (My dog is gone now...So he wont eat the bones on my necklaces)

So really, I'm kinda on a tight budget and I need some info on making some snazy looking wrist gantlets and bio mask.

My idea for the gantlets is maybe starting out with some leather and tying it around the wrists.
From there I was thinking maybe for the wrist blade I could just have a simple one blade across it
The wrist computer I was maybe thinking cardboard?...

My bio I still don't know anything about, I want to try and base it around Wolfs mask.

Help on the gantlets and masks would be nice thank you

Merry Christmas~

Im not sure how high end your wanting to go on your gauntlets but I used this post, (http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=3339&hl=mumbaki) and found it very helpful when I made mine. As for a bio there are a couple guys that I have seen that make pretty sweet wolf bio's you would just have to ask them about pricing. You can find who makes what just by searching on the noobs huntorials, hopes this helps somewhat.

for a tight budget you want to stick to cardboard and foamies. some people have made some kickass stuff from both. for gaunts try starting off of a pringles can.

there are pepakura files floating around for a bio. but there are some guys just freehanding it as well.

basically get as many ref pics as you can. and stare at them. decide what the different parts look like and see if you can find plastic bottles or what not that look similar. i have a giant tub of spare plastic parts from random crap that i always dig into for parts.
foamies are great for doing detail work.

and when it comes time to put it together, pay attention to not getting glue all over the place. with a nice paint job no one would even know that it was cardboard and foam.

cheers

continuing from xdmray
i made a wrist bomb out of cardboard,and foam for comfortability,and it turned out good.
but,i made a wrist blade out of the same,and it didnt turn out good.

yeah i made my guants from bottles and foamies i tryed to make blades byt unless you make them from plastic they are verry hard to get strong enough

i actually made my gauntlets completely from scratch, i took some cardboard then traced my arm onto it and basically made a rough draft of a platform. For the blade top i took some foam and built it up around a set of blades and then covered it in foamies for detailing. for the bomb gaunt i took some small christmas lights that were set up to a button to blink and glued them to the cardboard platform, and repeated the process. they still need to be painted but here they are.
IMG_3564.jpg

IMG_3565.jpg

IMG_3566.jpg

IMG_3567.jpg

IMG_3568.jpg

Didn't mean to thread jack, if i did, but just pictures always help.

i made wrist blades from cardboard before, they bent alot, so i mad them fro a metal mop handle. all you do is flaten and cut the metal, but do not cut in to single layres, just flaten the handle and make what you like, plus it makes them actually sharp to show off to peaple what you can do to a flimsy stick, just remember to put a steel ron inside before you flaten completely. it makes it stronger, i did it,and the shorter the blade, the less likely to bend, and do not hurt anyone, i do not want to be responsible any injuies

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back