Wrist computer project

topTest.jpg

If I did not know that Yautja were fictitious, I would think that you had some Yautja tech the you reverse engineered. They are fictitious are they ?

Remember my friend, people think they are fictitious but also my grandmother's teeth are fictitious too. If she can eat...
A word is enough to the wise ;)

Thats some amazing piece of electrical work. I envy people who can do this, it takes me three attempts to put my phone battery in the correct way !

Thank you all, I'm very happy to see you like my work, for real.
Selling it? Why not, if you think it's a good product.
However before starting a production I have to see how many people are really interested and then take a decision.
For example I have to see if it makes sense to do everything at home or look for some external services.
The printing of the whole parts takes more than 50 hours and I can't leave the printer at work alone just for safety; building and testing the electronic at home takes other 20 hours.
I will request a quotation for the printed parts and another one for the naked circuit boards.
In any case I will personally solder the electronic components.

I've asked quotations for 3d printing and electronic boards.
After that, my face was similar to this: :eek:
It's better making it at home, decisively

I've asked quotations for 3d printing and electronic boards.
After that, my face was similar to this: :eek:
It's better making it at home, decisively

I don't know squat about 3D printing, but I would be willing to guess that making silicon molds of your parts would be quite beneficial and cost effective solution. Cast those items in resin and leave the 3D printing for circuit board, etc.

pelletta

You really do have a "Front and Center" creation here. I would imagine that anyone who wears a Predator suit or is a hardcore collector would want to buy this. The fine-line here is trying to make its price obtainable for the masses (so you can benefit long term) and not just the few.

At tops I cant imagine anyone paying more then $800 for a limited item like this. Reachable would probably fall between $350-$450 for most.

You need to do the math and see what the actual cost(s) will be if you decided to mold cast, etc., and weather or not you want to turn this into a long term project or simply make it a limited supply offering.

TC

I have had some resin parts and I know how they look like. I think 3d printed objects are more durable than resin parts. An example:

secchio.jpg

If you wear it for a public event you have to be sure it won't give you any kind of problem.
That's a why I decided to use 3d printing.
Another reason is that I should make different molds because it's composed by various parts and I don't have much experience in this sector.
I am still "unblooded" member so I don't know if I can talk about pricing.
Just to give you an idea, the price will be in that range if I make everything at home because I don't have to pay other people... just materials, time and taxes.
The only disappointing thing is that people must wait a little if I have to satisfy many requests at once

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back