Wrist Blades

Preds

Other than Resin and Foam, has anyone tried making them out of Plexiglass sheets? im really wanting to try it cause i want them ridgid. possible idea. jsut seein if it has been done already i have yet to see it.

i did a search of the site and found a few
search for plexi blades.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/6051-new-projects-yah/page__hl__%2Bplexi+%2Bblades__fromsearch__1

I bought a set of blades on the forum here. They had a slight warp to the though. I tried heating them with my heat gun and flattening them, but they didn't set and warped again. I got a sheet of plexi from work and traced them. I just need to get them cut out now.

I made my original blades from foamies and got the template from Vinman's thread. Looking at revamping them using plexi-glass as I have heard that is a good stuff to use.

I made my first set of wristblades from Plexiglas, and then I made a mold of them so I could make casts from urethane plastic. It looks like I'm going to have to make some casts again for my own wristblade gauntlet, since my blades broke in transit to Dragon*Con last month. (I knew I should have packed that stuff more securely...)

I might actually cast the replacement blades in a clear resin this time, so I can experiment with putting blue LEDs in there to light up the blades. Vinmanmac posted this idea some time back.

Just remember, acrylic blades can do some serious damage if have them sharpened or even pointed They wont snap like resin would. We don't want to hurt anyone while in costume. Well, I can think of a few, but that's beside the point.

Macguyver, did that, calling them invisiblades a loooooooooong time ago.
You're right -- I got the name wrong. Macguyver's clear blades are the ones I was thinking of. I have some Alumilite clear urethane casting resin, so I was going to try doing the blades with that. I was thinking I'd have to go with a polyester resin (i.e. fiberglass fumes) or an epoxy, but the clear urethane seems to actually work.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back