Wrist Blade Update And BIO Helmet drawing

Hellstrok

My wooden Wrist blades finished except for the paint. Made from quarter inch Basswood and cut with a coping saw. The blades are then smoothed out and finalized with a dremel sander. They are about 17 1/2 inches long and very easy to make. The helmet is the first concept i have drawn, and is a mix of a few of my favorite designs. Tell me what you think of them! :)

Thanks!

2010_12_12_13.34.21.jpg

2010_12_12_15.19.09.jpg

2010_12_08_20.17.31.jpg

looks great :D Is there certain wood you have to use? I plan on doing my wrist blades from wood, but didn't know if there was a better type for better results.

Looking great, like where this is going.

In regards to wooden blades, I would use the strongest you can get but at a light weight. Having done various sets of wooden blades (and broken alot of them) it is rather important that you use lighter wood as these things will be hanging off your amour a long assed time. Also you wil need to think about how you will be attaching these to your gauntlet and what type of material you will be using to make the gauntlet, baring in mind that with wooden blades the gauntlet is now 'top heavy' and will now spin on your wrist to the point that the blades are under your hand.

You will need to make sure that the blades are strong to as people (as annoying as it can be at times) will pull them around, bash them, heck even find something to use as a sword and try to cross blades with you. So just another thing to bare in mind.

Liking this so far, keep it up.

ps, I still use wooden blades and man they are awesome, just need to find the right wood in weight and strength for yourselves - my advice - experiment and test various woods till you find a match.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back