Wrath of Khan Regula-1 Scientist Badge - parts identification help needed!

sixpence668

I'm putting together a Carol Marcus Regula-1 costume for a friend and I thought I could pick the brains of some of the talented people on this board for advice on the one prop involved.

Each scientist has a similar chest badge. It appears to be a piece of clear textured plastic with several transparent colored plastic parts attached. Does anyone have any thoughts on finding or fabricating the assorted pieces needed to replicate this object? I've been wandering around local hardware stores and hobby shops, but I've been coming up empty handed. Knowing Star Trek, I suspect that these are exsisting items that were repurposed, rather than originally cast. I'm hoping that someone here will take a look and say "Oh, I know what that is!" :D

(Note: The badge with the green/orange piece is the actual Carol Marcus badge that I am replicating. The others are similar examples from other costumes.)

Attachments

• imgsrv.jpg
    imgsrv.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 145
  • imgsrvCA4ZPREM.jpg
    imgsrvCA4ZPREM.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 125
  • imgsrvCA21EFEC.jpg
    imgsrvCA21EFEC.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 130
  • imgsrvCAC7YMQQ.jpg
    imgsrvCAC7YMQQ.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 137
  • imgsrvCAHS99PA.jpg
    imgsrvCAHS99PA.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 131
  • imgsrvCAIRM5IE.jpg
    imgsrvCAIRM5IE.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 147
  • imgsrvCAS74H5J.jpg
    imgsrvCAS74H5J.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 122
  • imgsrvCAVTOFLN.jpg
    imgsrvCAVTOFLN.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back