Would you like a Movie/TV Discussion forum?

Would you like to see a Movie/TV Discussion forum at the RPF?

• Yes, bring it on!

Votes: 171 56.6%
  • No, leave movie discussions in the Off-Topic forum.

Votes: 131 43.4%

• Total voters
Or, you can take LFL as an example.

They, and their legal team, obviously know about the different trooper armor makers and usually turn a blind eye to them. However, when AA/SDS began splashing his ads all over the net, in magazines and in TV interviews, they reached out and slapped him as hard as they could.

Stay quiet and low-key, and they seem willing to leave you alone.

Shout as loud as you can, everywhere you can and you risk bringing unwanted attention on the very talented artists that show and sell their works here.

Actually I'll add $.02 of clarification here...

1st AA was not initially noticed by LFL due to the former member. Yes he gave them details but AA got their attention initially by being VERY Visible.

2nd I can say unequivocally that there are indeed many studios and licensees that watch what happens here. Most have the attitude that so long as runs are limited and beneath the radar they will turn a blind eye.

However they may well cease the blind eye when replica threads begin to appear in multiple venues like google and twitter etc. Additionally we are already seeing run sizes increase due to the increased demand due to larger membership here. It is a slippery edge that at the very least deserves discussion rather than a dismissive "eh whatever". I know for a fact that they are having discussions about this subject. And like our Grandmas all knew...

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Then it must be true, since nowhere in the history of mankind has anyone ever overinflated their role in an endeavor to make themselves look more important, have they?

Oh yeah, you can look back at the aforementioned AA/SDS debacle for an example of this practice, too.

The glue must have failed on this thread, because it became unstuck and fell to the bottom. Let's just toss it back up to the top and see if it'll stay.

That's one of the reasons that I picked it up off the floor. If I hadn't, it could have slipped under the refrigerator and we'd never see it again (at least not until the fridge was replaced). Wouldn't want that to happen now, would we?

Therefore any further "exposure" is meaningless and harmless.

Your paranoia is unfounded.

Simple as that.

Mic you have been in this hobby long enough to know full well that isn't the De facto truthful answer...

Yes, all the studios certainly do know about this site, but that doesn't mean that more public exposure can't and won't aggravate the studios into action...

Remember Galaxy Trading? LFL had and continues to allow the replica market to flurish on the underground murmur with huge amounts of grace, but GT proved that once you come out full in your face and create the big fish target, all bets are off...

This hobby is a game of Russian Roulette and for me I prefer one bullet in the gun vs two...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back