Would these be good Star Trek TOS boots?

Looks wise, yes. However be aware that the leather is soft, as in they do not stay ‘vertical’ on their own. I’m not sure about durability. For simple costuming I’d say yes. I have a pair that is very similar I bought a while back but they haven’t been worn for more than a few minutes.

Looks wise, yes. However be aware that the leather is soft, as in they do not stay ‘vertical’ on their own. I’m not sure about durability. For simple costuming I’d say yes. I have a pair that is very similar I bought a while back but they haven’t been worn for more than a few minutes.
Can you show me your's, or point me where you got your set?

I see some good reviews in the link I posted, and I see a few bad ones, yet They mostly date back to 2014. Maybe They got better over the years.

Meh, not bad for some cheapies, do a search this been covered numerous times here

I saw. I don't have 450 right now. I got my Trek uniform shirt for much less (murraymousie) and a pair of Scout Trooper boots for the 200s

Chiming in ……

Decades of Star Trek Fandom….. I have yet to piece together a proper TOS uniform ensemble …. until now.

In reference to the boots….I considered from reading previous threads … that the boots worn by Kirk sometimes differed between episodes and seasons.

My focus in my search was cost economy and features mostly mentioned and or observed by others….for a pair of boots that I wouldn’t wear for more than possibly 3 time periods a year…. Comic-Con, Wonder-Con, and Halloween.

After some searching for both men’s and women’s boots….. I came across a woman’s pair on EBay. (Of course I had to use a men’s to women’s size conversion chart)…btw they come in black, brown, and white.

On the cheap…it was $48.49 total! with these features:

Faux (fake) Black Leather …. why buy expensive real leather for such short usage
Some Shininess …..not dull flat black
Knee High….from what I could see, especially in the below pics, it’s what Kirk wore
Butter Soft …for that wrinkly look
Cuban Heels….stated in the EBay description plus it has the look
Slightly Pointed Tip

Bear in mind from the boots photo below, that the TOS pant legs will go over the boots, so that the top cuff of the boots won’t be seen….

It’s as close as I can come to and it will have to do ;)

8E155E20-4238-40E0-ABB3-2AD62A1B7C4D.jpeg

2F7194E0-AF8B-415D-85B4-080162CC155C.jpeg

Notice the shipment time….

Oh yeah …. There may be faux fur or padding on the inside of the boots….a small sacrifice of warmth I would say, but it also should be a comfortable snug fit. I’ll update when I get them.

Peace

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back