Would it be safe to put glow-in-the-dark fabric paint on my spiderman lenses?

Ectho

I'm making a Miles Morales cosplay. I have been using Tulip's glow-in-the-dark fabric paint to do the web designs, and was wondering if I could apply it to the fabric I am using for the lenses to give it glow-in-the-dark eyes.
Would this work? And would it be safe?

Fabric paints are meant to be non-toxic since they frequently come into contact with skin. That said, it might not stick to your lenses very well if they're made of plastic, but health-wise you should be fine. I would say you should experiment with it on a similar material to your lenses. The only concern I would have is chipping paint getting into your eyes, but if the paint actually adheres and is only used on the outside of the lens you should be good.

My suggestion is if your going for the white lenses being glow in the dark is using Rust-Oleum Specialty Spray Glow in the dark. I have used this product and as long as you follow the instructions when applying and apply it to a white surface you will get a really good glow that activates almost immediately after being exposed to sunlight or any UV light.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back