Worst casting decisions ever made in movies

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
Of course, the following is only my opinion.

I got to thinking about the worst actors for movie roles and wondered what your thoughts were on the subject.

For me the worst actor in a role ever was Margot Kidder in Superman the 1978 movie.

I was nine years old at the time and when I saw her as Lois Lane, I thought to myself, isn’t Lois Lane supposed to be extremely pretty?

Not only that, but she has a gravelly voice and a pretty flat figure.

I felt she was just wrong for the role.

What bad casting choices have you seen?

While it is a great movie, I tend to agree with you on that Lois Lane point. Never found Margot attractive at all. However, personality wise she had the role down pat.

True, but......Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane in Superman Returns beats Margot Kidder hands down. Now if we are talking about really bad casting then surely its got to be Ben Afleck......In Anything.....As Anything.

He was barely tolerable in Armageddon.... but,

Jack Ryan?......No
Dare Devil?........No
Bruce Wayne?.........No
Batman?........Oh Hell No.

NO NO NO!!!!

NO.

9451835C-75F8-4DEF-8BBA-2EE3A81168C8.jpeg

Alden “What’s His Name” as Han Solo...

“‘Ima’ driver...’Ima’ flyer...

...yikes.

Last edited:
Now if we are talking about really bad casting then surely its got to be Ben Afleck......In Anything.....As Anything.

He was barely tolerable in Armageddon.... but,

Jack Ryan?......No
Dare Devil?........No
Bruce Wayne?.........No
Batman?........Oh Hell No.

NO NO NO!!!!

NO.
Not even in Good Will Hunting or The Accountant?
I know the latter isn’t great, but it’s a guilty pleasure of mine.
I think the worst casting decision ever was the entire cast of Troll 2.
But I still love it.

Really like Amy Adams in most of the films I’ve seen her in , but she’s not right for the Lois Lane role . She has the same problem as Margot Kidder ( who I found attractive in that film btw ) in that they’re both seemingly more ‘mature looking’ than their respective Superman leads :whistle:.
Harrison Ford as Jack Ryan isn’t as good as Alex Baldwin either . Imho.

Every frame that Julie Carmen is in "In the Mouth of Madness" is so that it really takes me out no matter how much I love that movie.
I also never got how Tony Revolori grew up to be F Murray Abraham in "The Grand Budapest Hotel".

Agreed about Margo, but have you seen her screentest? It's in the extras of the Blu Ray or whatever. I can see why they cast her from that test. Unfortunately it turned out not to be representative.

Gotta disagree with you on Kristen Stewart. She was the personification of Joan Jett in The Runaways. Absolutely perfect casting there. Probably the only thing I've ever seen her in other than Zathura, so I can't attest to the rest.

She's what I would consider the girl next door though. If you want bad casting, I'd go with Gwyneth Paltrow in Iron Man. I don't know how Pepper Potts looked in the comics, but she's someone I wouldn't even look twice at walking down the street!

Claire Foy as Lisbeth Salander, I think Claire is a great actress but I just dont buy her as Lisbeth. Not like I did Rooney Mara anyway.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back