World of Wacraft/Heroes of the Storm--Medivh 's Atiesh

MezzCW

Greetings everyone! My name is Patrick / MezzCW ! I am new to the building scene but have plenty of energy and ambition to try, fail, and try again with these projects!

My first major one is going to be Medivh from Warcraft, and more specifically his design from the game Heroes of the Storm!

The point of this post is me asking for... general help with a few of the points with his staff. I have ideas that I will share but if they are no good I am dying to get more input.

So let's start things off with some pictures! These are ALL from Heroes of the Storm and they are the product of Blizzard, I just hit Print Screen.

staff1.pngstaff2.pngstaff3.pngstaff4.png

Here we have the side, back, front, and a close up of the detail of the staff without the head, as the user interface of the game blocks the bird out of view.

So to start things off my plan was to by a large "walking stick" like dowel from a local hardware store. The height is just about right for the thin part of the staff, however I was not able to get exact measurements at the time. My main qualms lie in the diamond-patterned part right above the character's hand and the top where it gets thicker.

My initial plan was to just simply woodburn the diamond pattern in and forgo the fact it's three-dimensional. But I am all for suggestions!

Secondly with the top of the staff I had considered honestly buying something akin to a seasoned log. Just cut off a large part of it and make the rest a sort of "crescendo" to fit the rest of the staff but become thicker. And of course using those leather strips to hide any messy looking connections between the two!

I appreciate any and all help and once I get started on this project [which is very soon!] I shall be posting pictures of progress in case any one is interested!

Thank you for your time and consideration! Have a wonderful day!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back