Working on a new P1 Bio sculpt and mold

VinMan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Hunters,

every P1 bio I have ever seen has it's own flavor so I thought I would give it a go myself.
I started by using an old bio Ruffkin gave me and began to add clay pretty much all over.

I then cast it using the silicon caulk tubes method just to get a raw one I could fill and sand and tweak.

It is a real bitch trying to get it symmetrical. I am taking photos and drawing grid lines on a computer to check
for symmetry and finding out that your eye really plays tricks on you here. so then I keep adding a little filler here and sanding and grinding a little there.

Here is the progress so far. I still have a ways to go but I kinda like the way its coming out.
I want to drill out and recess the center of the laser shroud instead of have it protrude out a little and I need to cast up the
hose port and cheek port.

vinsp1.jpg

When I feel its done I will cast it up right and make some pulls.

Comments are always welcome

Thanks

VinMan

vinsp1.jpg

Doing an intermediate cast is a great idea, as I find it easier to sand a resin/plaster cast than smoothing out clay. Looking goood.

What's that you say? A symmetrical P1 bio? Does not compute...

Seriously, looking good Vin. Symmetry is probably the toughest task to achieve on a bio, it can help to look at it in a mirror to spot places you may be going wrong. Keep going!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back