Working on a Leviathan axe and I could use some help.

IronArcher8656

The part that I'm stuck on are the small jewel details that represent the runic attacks. In the image, they are the small circles, one has a triangle in the middle while the other has a square. According to my templates they should be roughly 3/4 inch. I can't find anything close online, so this is where I'm stuck. If anyone has suggestions on how to make them or where to buy them please let me know.
239521111_304780578108195_6247024730911658486_n.jpg

I am no expert, but maybe have the shapes 3d printed then fill the voids with tinted acrylic?

Hopefully others will more concrete advice.

The part that I'm stuck on are the small jewel details that represent the runic attacks. In the image, they are the small circles, one has a triangle in the middle while the other has a square. According to my templates they should be roughly 3/4 inch. I can't find anything close online, so this is where I'm stuck. If anyone has suggestions on how to make them or where to buy them please let me know.View attachment 1602460
Check out the one on the ODIN MAKES channel on YouTube. There'll be links from there on some others that folks have made from different materials & you could probably get a good idea there

how do you want to make it?

I'd make full-sized copies, cover with clear tape, then use an EXACTO to cut out the metal portion of the design.

If outer diameter is 3/4" then use a 1" hole saw to cut out 2 round, metal circles. Measure inside of hole saw, make sure it is the correct size. You dont want the hole that the hole saw makes, you want the piece of metal that ends up inside the hole saw.

Trace out on metal using template, drill holes into green areas, then get a small file in there and file down. Put metal piece in flat piece of clay and pour green resin into the green areas.

or

If you have a 3d Printer, make the circles black and the green areas white using WindowsPaint or some other pic editing software. Load into 3d print software as a jpg, check make darker areas thicker. Print, then pour green resin into shallow areas.

Print full size, cut out circles and designs over styrene. Paint metallic. Fill gem areas with green resin

EDIT: Be sure inner diameter of hole saw is the size of the OUTER Diameter of the rings you want to make

Attachments

• axesnip.JPG
    axesnip.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 66

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back