Working Colonial Warrior Laser Pistol build

Luke Warmwater

Sr Member
This project has been on my to-do list for years, and today it was to-DONE. A working, light-up laser.

I'd had a plan to cast the muzzle of my laser prop in clear resin, but never been able to hook up with buddies of mine who knew how to do it. A few months ago I discovered that the sink knobs used as the muzzles were still in production. I found some at Lowe's and turned them down on a lathe to the proper size. I carefully hacked off the old muzzle and one of the grip panels and was pleased to find a good channel all the way to the grip to house wiring and electronics. I installed a Luxeon Star cool-white LED on the muzzle base and wired it to a resistor, a trigger, and a 9V battery in the grip. I glued on the sink knob, painted it, and within an hour had it finished.

14953461867_6b153f8456_z.jpg

More pics here: https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=laser pistol&user_id=62295857@N00&sort=date-posted-desc

This project has been on my to-do list for years, and today it was to-DONE. A working, light-up laser.

I'd had a plan to cast the muzzle of my laser prop in clear resin, but never been able to hook up with buddies of mine who knew how to do it. A few months ago I discovered that the sink knobs used as the muzzles were still in production. I found some at Lowe's and turned them down on a lathe to the proper size. I carefully hacked off the old muzzle and one of the grip panels and was pleased to find a good channel all the way to the grip to house wiring and electronics. I installed a Luxeon Star cool-white LED on the muzzle base and wired it to a resistor, a trigger, and a 9V battery in the grip. I glued on the sink knob, painted it, and within an hour had it finished.

14953461867_6b153f8456_z.jpg

More pics here: https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=laser pistol&user_id=62295857@N00&sort=date-posted-desc
The likenesses are NOT visible.
I cannot understand this.

:D"Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis??":D
Oh, certainly I have made my meaning PLAIN, Mr. Apollo!
The likenesses of the Colonial Warrior laser pistol are NOT visible on the browser I am using--in my particular case, it is Opera Version 67.
Instead, I repeatedly get the icon for a broken, malfunctioning, or unworkable image link.

Easy Cadet! ;)

Actually you have not!

So you can not see the Images posted by Luke, well look at the date.

This topic is over 6 and a half Yarens old so the images are long gone by now

The likenesses of the Colonial Warrior laser pistol are NOT visible on the browser I am using--in my particular case, it is Opera Version 67.
Instead, I repeatedly get the icon for a broken, malfunctioning, or unworkable image link.

Dude, EASY!
For being someone new you’d do better watching your tone and showing some respect. Your attitude will get you kick kid off this forum faster than anything else.

Dude, EASY!
For being someone new you’d do better watching your tone and showing some respect. Your attitude will get you kick kid off this forum faster than anything else.
:eek::oops::rolleyes:
Apologies for seeming to be that antagonistic are hereby given.

Last edited:
That gaffe in tone aside, again with all apologies for it, what I really seek is a re-posting of the instructions for the pistol, with likenesses that will show up on Opera Version 68, as it now is, and a list of parts, with according prices for a Pennsylvania shopper.
I want to be able to duplicate that pistol.

:cool:
Whoever can honor those requests is thanked in advance.

Now I get it. You're using "colonial" English in a thread with the word colonial in the title. Either that or you're a huge fan of the character Eugene from the TV show "The Walking Dead" ;).

Well Luke has not been here since August so maybe he will see this one day in the near future.

As far as prices I am sure everything has gone up as this build was done 6 years ago.

That gaffe in tone aside, again with all apologies for it, what I really seek is a re-posting of the instructions for the pistol, with likenesses that will show up on Opera Version 68, as it now is, and a list of parts, with according prices for a Pennsylvania shopper.
I want to be able to duplicate that pistol.

:cool:
Whoever can honor those requests is thanked in advance.

Hi All, Yep 6 year old thread, but heck it left a great impression so much so that I went looking and I did not find a wiring diagram since he did not post one. I did find the following he shared on his FB page. Here what I did find though hope helps it’s a start. Like Apollo said hopefully he visits one day and see the thread and can help provide some info.

Attachments

• AD81EFD6-27A6-40A9-90F2-A88FBE4F97EA.jpeg
    AD81EFD6-27A6-40A9-90F2-A88FBE4F97EA.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 7F25A4D8-7C28-48EB-A21F-4B4B41E808B5.png
    7F25A4D8-7C28-48EB-A21F-4B4B41E808B5.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 158
  • 5D0EA4EC-C0B5-4793-A5E1-703F124581E9.png
    5D0EA4EC-C0B5-4793-A5E1-703F124581E9.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 161
  • 2EA1E5F7-9422-440F-B61A-DC57CDBCF208.png
    2EA1E5F7-9422-440F-B61A-DC57CDBCF208.png
    11.4 MB · Views: 159
  • 71F35B50-4275-406F-97A0-89DAC46BD6E2.png
    71F35B50-4275-406F-97A0-89DAC46BD6E2.png
    8.7 MB · Views: 157
Last edited:
^May the Lords of Kobol bless you! ^
I hope like you said Apollo he makes an appearance and can answer the diagram question. At least the photos do help. It be good to know which Luxeon Star cool-white LED was used. Hell I am heading to Home depot to get some shower handles...LOL. :p

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back