Working Bladerunner Blaster-Progress Pics

UnitPD

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have been reading the RPF for years but have not posted all that often. Here is a project I though most of you may be interested in. I am in the process of building a working Bladerunner gun from the same parts as the original gun. Thanks to all the reasearch by Richard Coyle, I am finally able to build this thing. I started by purchasing a C&S Blaster from Rich. I then bought the correct model Steyr Mannlicher SL and a Charter Arms Bulldog. After disassembling everything, I basically brought the Steyr receiver and Bulldog to a machine shop. I also brought Rich's plastic parts from the C&S Blaster. I told the machinist to copy the plastic parts. Rich's parts are so perfect to the original pieces that the machinist just took the measurements from the parts to do the work. As you can see in the pics, I still have a little work to do. The real Steyr ammo housing and the clip have to be finished, but Rich's parts fit perfectly on the real gun. Thanks to Rich's research I believe the gripframe is attached in the same way as the original. What do you guys think?

Sorry about the pics and narrative, I know they are all over the place, but I am not exactly sure what I am doing with pic posting.

[attachmentid=8118]
[attachmentid=8120]
[attachmentid=8119]
[attachmentid=8121]
[attachmentid=8123]
[attachmentid=8122]
[attachmentid=8116]
[attachmentid=8115]
[attachmentid=8124]

Fantastic project. I'll be very interested to see more pictures of the work in progress as your build develops. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Also, it's great that you give Richard Coyle his due. His work on the C&S Blaster is legendary (and his second batch of all-metal blasters is about to ship. :D ).

Let's also give due credit to Phil Steinschneider, the "S" in "C&S." He's the guy who did most of the actual research, while Rich did the engineering and construction. I'm sure that Rich himself would tell you that the C&S blaster would have been impossible without Phil's contribution.

Again, I'm looking forward to following your WIP. Thanks for posting, and great work.

OMG. Thats what I'm talking about. One of these days, thats what I plan to do, just like my M41A project.

PM me.

You might find this useful:

http://props.steinschneider.com/brblaster/metalinit_02.htm

Also, here as some additional photos:

<div align="center">
sldapas_01.jpg

sldapas_02.jpg

sldapas_03.jpg

sldapas_06.jpg

sldapas_08.jpg

sldapas_09.jpg

sldapas_10.jpg
</div>

Phil

Super Cool ... Do you intend to make it fire ? Blanks? I ran across a video clip once of someone (sorry dont remember persons name) firing a supposed "real" Bladerunner blaster. Does anyone else remember or have seen this ? Was it real? I think this or an all metal one would be the ultimate piece. The gun always gave the impression that it had a little heft to it.

Kell

You guys work fast.... before I could post phillipes has answered some questions.

<div class='quotetop'>(kell @ May 19 2006, 02:18 PM) [snapback]1247015[/snapback]</div>
Super Cool ... Do you intend to make it fire ? Blanks? I ran across a video clip once of someone (sorry dont remember persons name) firing a supposed "real" Bladerunner blaster. Does anyone else remember or have seen this ? Was it real? I think this or an all metal one would be the ultimate piece. The gun always gave the impression that it had a little heft to it.

Kell

You guys work fast.... before I could post phillipes has answered some questions.
[/b]
It's a real gun, so it fires.

Do you mean this clip:

http://www.steinschneider.com/storage/pict...as/MVC-574W.MPG

It's of this gun.

Here's Craig Kovach firing his:

http://props.steinschneider.com/brblaster/brblaster.mpg

Phil

I thought I had explored most of your website but I've never seen the first clip before. That is an awesome prop.

Respect.

Bruce

Wow... Just WOW...

Where were you last week (with shots of that original Bulldog) when I needed you.?

Has there been any definitive, unequivocable proof that the Bulldog grip frame of the original prop was NOT blued, as your is... ?

I dunno (and I am not the expert C&S are), but the blued version seems more right to me... Frankly, I'd paint the customized portion of the frame black as well. Looks like its partially there anyway.

Wow. I love your progress. Someday I hope to have a metal Bladerunner blaster. Maybe even firing. Anyways great pics and Im looking forward to more.

Carl

<div class='quotetop'>(philippes @ May 19 2006, 02:25 PM) [snapback]1247019[/snapback]</div>

Whoa. I hope that was a blank or the only round loaded. After firing he waved that thing around like a toy. He even pointed it back toward the woman speaking to him. Has he ever been on a pistol range before? Scary stuff.

Okay, now that's out of my system...

Impressive work UnitPD. Good luck with the project. I have fantasies for building a firing Han Solo ANH, but it probably won't happen. It's too much of a financial investment for how little I'd actually get to fire it. Again, good luck and keep posting progress.

I am working on attaching the Steyr endcap and bolt handle to the aluminum bolt today. My aluminum bolt is the exact same size as the one on the C&S Blaster. There is alot of metal inside the rear Steyr endcap that needs to be removed. I will attach it the same as the C&S. Pics will follow tonight.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back