Working Bio-Helmet

LeonardoMS

Hello all!. I´m new here and I would like to hear from you guys your opinion about a projet of mine. Recently I got a couple of Thermal cameras breakout boards. I began to develop the circuits and software for something similiar to de classic predator thermal vision and HUD system. Of course it won´t have the zoom in capabilities yet and the range wont be more than 20 meters. I´ve almost finished the roaming and targeting systems. The targeting triangle will be like in the Predator '1 movie. (It doesn´t rotate like in the more recent movies). Still working on the audio systems. Actually I´m having a hard time with it, more the the video part. I´ve 3d-printed a classic predator helmet, but I made a bad choice in using PLA as the printing material. Still waiting for the ABS to arrive. I will soon post all the photos of the circuits and some more thermal images from the camera built in it.
thermal1.jpg
predC.png

Thermal cameras are expensive. I bought 2 SPARKFUN FLIR LEPTON boards. They cost $259.95 each and have 80x60 pixels resolution, There are very small, though. I was going to use 2 of them(one in each eye soquet) to give 3d stereo depth vision, but the technical challenge and final price rose a lot. I´m going to use 1 camera and 2 OLED displays.

I´m a terrible artist. I relly on my old faithful 3d printer. I will really need lots of advice. But as I said, I chose PLA , and the results were terrible. Needless to say the countless hours of printing time. I will have to start over.

Here are the basic circuits. The audio parts I left in the office. As you can see the camera is very small. The only part that will be exposed is the small germanium lens that has little more than 2mm in diameter. The display is very small also. I´ll use 2 of them. I´m am editing the code to make better color vs temperature options. I was thinking in making different color pallets to simulate the diferent light frequencies the predator sees, like in predator 2 when it shifts through different light spectrums. I would also like to put a audio spectrum analyser that roles down the screen to analyse some audio samples. Well, it´s gonna take a while to finish everything. Lots of work at the office and chores at home to attend to.

IMG_20180219_213409962.jpg

IMG_20180219_213455294.jpg

In the first thermal image I posted, I was using as raspberry Pi. Now I will use a teensy 3.2 board. The Pi takes a while to boot, and I really didn´t want that. In this case I prefer bare metal to do the job.

Guys, can anyone provide a 3D printable P1 mask with the correct 1:1 scale? I need to print one to fit all the required electronics. Since I´m a terrible artist, that part i´ll definitely appreciate the help. Thanks!

I made some tests using the bi-convex lenses. It´s not very hard to see trough it. It seems like your watching a 80 " TV at 3 feet away. I still have to install the other display. It will be stereo vision.

OPTICS AND MIRROR.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back