Wooden SRS99-AM (Halo Reach Sniper Rifle)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Ahuizotl

Cross post from my 405th thread, all previous posts can be seen on the original thread: Here

Progress so far:

There's enough friction from the two rods on the rifle butt to avoid needing to drill locking pins which will save a bit of time. I'm currently working on engraving the cosmetic details (Misriah emblem, butt grooves, etc) and drilling all the way through the shroud, which is taking much longer than I'd hoped because the 28mm spade bit I'm using is now blunt).

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Ahuizotl

Barrel fittings drilled out muzzle brake interior widened (Needs some cleaning up)
My sniper scope arrived, although I still need to make the box to go around it. Charging handle finished and lubed, but it still needs the slider cover and ejector slot cover.
Since the strength of the barrel is vital at that point, I can't make the chambering system as I originally intended. Instead of actually chambering the bullets, I now intend to have the charging handle simply push the bullets out of the side, under the barrel when the handle is pulled back.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.