WoodChuck Mara Jade Derringer & case.

The WoodChuck

A collector of all things Mara Jade asked me to build him Mara jade's
hold out derringer and the library case she hides it in. Here are the results.

Case in the CLOSED position:
SAM_0234.jpg

Case open, revealing the derringer and two small ammo clips:

SAM_0235.jpg

Locked and loaded:

SAM_0236.jpg

Fits in the palm of my hand:

SAM_0232.jpg

Size comparison, now the blaster seems HUGE :

SAM_0237.jpg

Last edited:
re: WoodChuck Mara Jade Derringer & case.

A collector of all things Mara Jade asked me to build him Mara jade's
hold out derringer and the library case she hides it in.

That's me! That's me!

I have been wanting a prop replica of this for so long... 10 years now. When I saw WoodChuck make the other MJ Blaster a couple months ago, along with his other fantastic work, I knew he would be the guy to make this happen.

For those not familiar with Mara's holdout, here is the basis for the design...

10488-mjholdoutcrop.jpg

I can't wait to get this in my collection. Thanks again to WoodChuck for his excellent, skillful, and quick work on this project.

Though that looks great, you may want to edit your post very quickly. Sales are ONLY allowed in the JY.

Very cool. One of my favourite designs from the Expanded Universe.
It will going to a good home with MJF!!!

-Skyler101

Yes, but WoodChuck did wat too great of a job for me to just slap some paint on. I am not taking any chances with this so this is being sent directly to Johnson Arms for paint and detail work.

Cant wait to see the final product!

You should have another case made... Rebel one, call it the Dewback Chronicles! :loll

-Skyler101

As mentioned, I had this sent directly to Johnson Arms. He and I have been discussing the plan of attack for this item to come up with a realistic (verses comic) coloring of the blaster and case. JA has been keeping updated quite often with WIP photos.

I do not have this in hand yet but I should by next week but I could not wait any longer to show it off.

Both Woodchuck and Johnson Arms are located in Florida. Their combined talents really made this comicbook prop replica jump off the page and into real life.

If anyone is thinking of doing something like this, I would highly recommend this team of artists.

Attachments

• photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    786.7 KB · Views: 4,111
I got this in hand a few days ago but just now getting around to posting pictures. My daughter Mara Jade and I love it. Thanks again to WoodChuck and Johnson Arms for making this happen. Two artists at the top of their game.

I got this in hand a few days ago but just now getting around to posting pictures. My daughter Mara Jade and I love it. Thanks again to WoodChuck and Johnson Arms for making this happen. Two artists at the top of their game.

You're very welcome! It was a fun project and I'm just glad that you both are pleased. It's not easy trying to paint something that you know has been 10+ years in the planning :)

WoodChuck here. this was a fun build for me. I love being able to help
with bringing fantasy into reality. WOW!!! on the paint job.

Excellent job on the kit, WC! It was a pleasure to work and I'm glad it came out the way MJF wanted. That's always a great thing, hehe.

Let me know if you ever have someone needing one of your kits finished, I'd be honored to get the opportunity :)

Brian Johnson
Johnson Arms Replicas and Props

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back