Wood Mache from Giger Alien Costume by Sacha Feiner What is it?

Polygono

Hi Guy

I am int the process of building an alien suit

I cant not work out what type of material that Sasha calls it Wood Mache.
http://membres.lycos.fr/giger/newpage1.html Originally i thought it was Saw dust it is not. From the photos is something called "omyacolor hobbypat". Anyone can tell me where i can get this stuff in the UK

many thanks

I think it's wood pulp...I used papier maches and PVA glue for an under skull for a pred with working jaws...And it's solid...I'll have a hunt around I have a couple of friedns that are artists an they use mache now and again I'll see what thye have to say.

Well, the morph was reinforced with wire, and he used the fagility (?) to his advantege.....so I'd say too damn heavy and fragile enough...

Thank you for the reply everyone. I manage to find it in the Hobbycraft superstore here in the UK is called Art mache and it cost £7.99 a bag. I just started with the cast of my head and it feel solid when dry. So you thing guys this method will be too heavy?

I like to ask also one more question. How do you think Sasha did the alien dome?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back