Woo Hoo, I'm Finally here!!

A warm welcome to some fellow Scots :cheers

I'm originally from Hamilton, (no I'm not an Accies fan, nor a 'Gers fan...don't like footie at all!) but I now live in the States.

Good Scottish name also!

Cheers, Gord.

Its still as lovely as you remember it TK!!!:confused:lol

:lol

The memory gets refreshed usually about two/three times a year when I go back to visit the family/friends. There's usually always something that's changed, whether in Hamilton or Glasgow etc etc...everything's going "one way" or "pedestrianised" and not forgetting "sand blasted" everything!

Apologies for the OT! Once again, welcome :cheers

Gord.

bloody hell we are getting invaded by drunken scots (or scotch if ur from usa),
im from inverness, no sheep shagging jokes please:love

it backed onto me, honest......................

Hi Gordy,

Welcome to the forum mate :)

I am from the other side of the central belt South Queensferry on the outskirts of Edinburgh. Nice to see more Scots joining the forum there are a fair few of us now.

Possibly if we get enough Scots on the forum we should try to organise a prop get together sometime.

Anyway nice to see you on the forum and your collection looks fantastic :thumbsup.

Oh and zorg judging by your comments you take your sheep from behind - What!!! No kissing??????????

Sorry couldn't resist:lol.

Cheers Chris

Again thank you all for the warm welcome.

I'm originally from East Kilbride, but met my wife whilst working in cumbernauld, then moved to where we are today, Moodiesburn.

Its great to hear from so many of you.

Us Scots, seem to be everywhere!!! I actually want to emigrate to the US, but with two small kids under 3, its hard to take them away from the rest of the family. First grandkids on both sides!!!!
Anyway, one day i'll make it.

I'm completely fed up with rip off britain, epsecially paying £1.08 for a litre of diesel:angry:angry:angry

Ok small rant over.

This is a fantastic place, its great to meet and chat with so many like minded people.
My wife, nor my friends are interested in movies, props or collectables, so i've had to talk to myself until now.
It really is fantastic, to have a place to share views and opinions about props and replicas.

Bravo to the founders of the RPF!!!(y)cheers

Last edited:
I'm completely fed up with rip off britain, epsecially paying £1.08 for a litre of diesel

That's not bad compared to the States... at today's rate 1.08 GBP is equal to $2.22108, and the cheapest diesel fuel in Vermont is $3.50 a gallon...

I long for the days of $.99 a gallon only 10 years ago... :cry:cry

edit..

Scratch what I said... Forgot there's almost 4 liters to a gallon... :$

Last edited:
It is bad, when you consider that 80% of that is tax. Whenever the price goes up per barrel, the government get a lovely little tax boost!!!
We were paying low - mid 90's for it about a month or two ago, its jumped up around 10p in most places.
And rememeber thats per litre, not per gallon. I guess it would be like, £4.32 per gallon, say around $9.00 per gallon. $1.80 for the fuel and $7.20 to the government.

Think i'll walk!!!!!!

Did any of you make it to Collectormaina at Braehead in August?

Yeah I did Gordon and it was the worst I had been to so far. Severely lacking in decent guests but I did manage to get John Rhys Davis to signed my LOTR wooden chest LE.....which was nice!!!!:)

Hopefully the next one will be better.....if there is a next one!!:confused

Yeah I did Gordon and it was the worst I had been to so far. Severely lacking in decent guests but I did manage to get John Rhys Davis to signed my LOTR wooden chest LE.....which was nice!!!!:)

Hopefully the next one will be better.....if there is a next one!!:confused
I made it, and it was my first show, so i was actually impressed due to the fact i had no experience of anything before it.
I was first in the queue for John Rhys Davies, who i got to sign a drawing of Gimli i did the night before!!
I would of liked to have seen more guests, and i guess i was dissapointed with the lack of LOTR collectables, No UC stuff at all.
Utiquities were meant to be there, they have some nice UC stuff, but never saw them, dont think they made it.
I think i will try and go to the one in earls court next year, and i will be going to braehead again, if theres another.
Like i said it was my first experience, and i was awed by just seeing some of the guests in real life so close up!!! Sad i know.

What is the LOTR wooden Chest? Was that the DVD boxed set one?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back