Wonka

Another waist of film. Looks awful.
Well, looks like you are in luck. No film wasted.
ihwsw3f17ai81.png

I know what you mean...lol.
A movie like this is hard to judge from just a trailer though. Could end up being really good, or just awful trash.

The thing that I like best about this upcoming movie is that not only do I know who the main character is, but seeing that this is a prequel—there is, therefore, nothing new to discover. Well, for me, that’s perfection.

You see, “new things” frighten and confuse me.

I am the the target audience for modern cinema.

Last edited:
They could have gone this route, but looks aside, I’m not sure if his acting and disposition could pull it off. Jeremy Allen White is known as a very dry actor with minimal personality, and Gene had something special. Though, maybe he could have surprised us.

IMG_2660.jpeg

"Charisma" might've been a poor choice of words but Chalamet is a weird choice to attempt to capture the quirky personality of Gene Wilder, given that this is apparently supposed to be a "Wilder Wonka" prequel, as I understand it.

Yeah, it's "Solo" all over again. Now matter how good the actor, you can't help but compare him to the iconic, one-of-a-kind actor that defined the role.

The thing that I like best about this upcoming movie is that not only do I know who the main character is, but seeing that this is a prequel—there is, therefore, nothing new to discover. Well, for me, that’s perfection.

New things frighten and confuse me.

I am the the target audience for modern cinema.
GIF by Giphy QA

Phil Hartman, how we miss you. :(

TOTALLY SHOCKED!

My wife and daughter dragged me to see this movie, and on Christmas Day of all days. I LOVED it! It was such a great and fun movie with lots of nods to the original music, songs and the look and feel of Wonka and his whacky style of making candy. I think Gene Wilder would be proud of the way they treated the character he created. The end showing his imagination creating the chocolate factory was incredible. Oh and Hugh Grant’s Oompa Loompa had me laughing out loud.

A highly recommended feel good movie.

I only made it about halfway through this. Horrible beyond description. Found myself fast forwarding through those god awful songs. Decided my time is more important than this.

Saw it last night. Movie was pretty good. Howere, if you want to make a prequel to a musical that has a couple of the greatest songs, you know, you have to create good and memorable songs. There was one song the did prety good with where he opens the chocolate shop. The rest were totally forgettable and dare i say boring.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back