Wonderflex over foam and other questions

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ThaUselessRock

Hey I´am new to the Rpf, and a complete novice considering cosplay. Been looking around the forum, and your work is a simple inspiration to the others, including me. Now I wanted to start with foam and pepakura, as it appeared to be the easiest way of working, and used JF custom foams template for it (Basically a pair of shin guards).

Now my questions are the following:
I´ve finished the shin guards 90%, yet I´ve noticed many dents in it, making it look really ugly (just can´t cut the angles right). I´ve read that caulker or filler could fix this yet I´ve also discovered, that a online shop here in my town sells wonderflex. Would it be wise to apply it over my foam model? I´ve used 12mm eva foam sheets by the way. In tutorials, people tend to apply wonderflex only over thin 5 or 2mm craft foam (and also only over a single part, not a whole model) So thats what I was wondering about.

Another question is, whether I would need to use fibreglass mats/cloths if pepping pepakura models with Epoxy resin. I´ve seen Cereal Kill3r Studios pepping a model without mats or cloths. Yet he had a different brand of Epoxy Resin (Epoxamite 100 with 101 Hardener) while mine is a 421 Epoxy Resin from Norski (brand name). I guess the number stands for the mixing ratio. Yet is there any particular difference?

Hope you can help me. Thanks

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.