Wonder Woman 2016

Dax79

I have been asked to make a costume and only have two months to build. I am in the final stages of my DeadSpace 2 build [LINK] so this costume will be a 'quick' build so this might help others out there.

Here are my ref pictures -

Capture.JPG0.jpg wonder-woman-sword-shield-batman-vs-superman-600x338.jpgbatman-v-superman-wonder-woman-costume-image.jpg

I do keep an in-depth log of my builds on my FaceBook page [LINK] And will post videos up soon on my youtube channel [LINK].

I hope to help, I love comments and enjoy the build!

UPDATE! - Here is where I will keep all my patterns [LINK]. I will add all the parts here as I go! Dax79

Last edited:
First I had to make a pattern. I did this by wrapping her up in clingfilm and using Duct tape to create my canvas.

00.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Once the pattern was made I cut out the corset side to create an EVA foam corset to begin the build on.

10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg

Duct Tape
To paper
To EVA 3mm foam
Glued together.

I did have an issue with the breast cups so... I took her bra, placed it over my knee then clingfilmed it along with duct tape. This worked a dream :)

16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg

More soon!!!!!

Time to make the breast plate. I began with 3mm EVA then I will use Worbla To finish it later on but for now here is the eagle.

20.jpg21.jpg22.jpg

Looking forward to getting home to work on this!!!!

Ready to get on with the ridges on the corset now! I have got the corset shape done, Eagle and also the headpiece. I would love some feedback from anyone also making one :)

24.jpg23.jpg

Been following this since you first posted! Everything looks great so far, and it is really helpful to see how you're making everything. The headpiece's shape looks just right, and the corset looks nice and solid. How are you going to fasten the corset? With grommets or are you using another method? I was planning on incorporating the opening she has on the back for my own costume and I'm pretty stumped as to how I'll be getting this thing and on and off. I'm definitely going to follow this build until the end, I also hopped over to your FB page and gave it a quick like as well so I can see updates there too!

Been following this since you first posted! Everything looks great so far, and it is really helpful to see how you're making everything. The headpiece's shape looks just right, and the corset looks nice and solid. How are you going to fasten the corset? With grommets or are you using another method? I was planning on incorporating the opening she has on the back for my own costume and I'm pretty stumped as to how I'll be getting this thing and on and off. I'm definitely going to follow this build until the end, I also hopped over to your FB page and gave it a quick like as well so I can see updates there too!

Glad your enjoying my build.
I'm going to add some Worbla down the back and put holes down the center to lace up (I think) I'm gong with the flow and making it up as I go along :) Its great top know people are watching and i'm inspiring cosplay work!!

Another few hours... I guess I will get the last panels on tomorrow night! Must sleep. I hope you like my EVA #wonderwoman so far!

Wonder Woman WIP.jpg

I took the second half of the hand drawn pattern I made, mirrored it. I have found the hardest part was the eva over the breast cups. I had to extend the original pattern to make up for the lager cups I made from the bra over a knee method.

So far this build has clocked around 20 hours. Will finish the rest of the corset shape and ridges hopefully tonight. (UK time)

Wonder Woman WIP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 10 of the Wonder Woman build.

5.jpg

Corset ridges done. I have decided to add some Worbla down the back with holes throw to tie up the corset. It is only foam.

4.jpg

This will follow down from the eagle down her back. I will make one for both sides.

Now it's time to make her warrior goddess mini skirt.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Again I duct tapped her, used the ref from the top of this thread to get a basic pattern. I will cut out each part and use EVA foam as the base to the skirt. I'm making this up as I go so things may change so watch this space!

Got Some good work done today. I coated the corset with PVA glue then gave it an undercoat.

Capturkjye.JPG kgfku.JPG lhjh.JPG

While this is drying its time to make the tiara. For this I took my EVA foam tiara I made earlyer this week and added a layer of Worbla to it so I can bend around the head.

DSC_0032.JPG DSC_0033.JPGDSC_0035.JPGDSC_0036.JPG

Now it's time to cover the eagle with Worbla so this too can be shaped to my wife's body...

DSC_0026.JPGDSC_0027.JPGDSC_0029.JPG

Lots done and I will be back to it tomorrow. Not bad for 10 days work, and yes I have a day job too :)

Attachments

• DSC_0031.JPG
    DSC_0031.JPG
    663 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    752.2 KB · Views: 357
  • DSC_0025.JPG
    DSC_0025.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 483
Great build, and thank you for the detailed pictures. One question: Is the worbla really necessary? For the tiara you could just make it go completly around and hide the back part with the hair, and if the eagle is glued in position on the corset it should stay in shape, right?

Great build, and thank you for the detailed pictures. One question: Is the worbla really necessary? For the tiara you could just make it go completly around and hide the back part with the hair, and if the eagle is glued in position on the corset it should stay in shape, right?

No Worbla is not needed for the tiara... but the eagle I would say is a must if you want to keep that tight solid fit. I'm using the Worbla eagle to hold the costume together. Thats just the way I'm doing it. Others have just used foam I have noticed.

Glad you like my photos. MORE TO COME!!!

Time to add some Pompeii Red!

12032993_1161045747253667_239903324027997138_n.jpg1917696_1161045767253665_2215718106818886408_n.jpg

2X PAV 50/50 water and glue.
2X undercoat spray
3X Pompeii Red

Now time to add the eagle. First I made the continuation from the eagle that do down the back. I have desided to have a tied up corset design. Magnets just wont do the job.

1381542_1161126223912286_7627883690518049258_n.jpg

I evened out the holes and then heated up the Worbla and shaped the the corset.

1170692_1161395800551995_6948157580268243637_n.jpg10459108_1161395820551993_4782900942272556579_n.jpg

I the trimmed the EVA corset to size then took off the beams and resprayed.

Will paint it gold tonight but for now here it is!

10433091_1161167487241493_8324997906871786551_n.jpg

More on www.facebook.com/dax79cosplay

Last edited:
Wow love that red. It's super cool and love the stream line look it's very sleek and flattering. And I like the lace up back wish I was brave enough to wear a corset I made from foam but I'd probably want the thing coated in contact cement.
That's possibly my favourite head band I've see too- love it!

Not a lot done tonight, Covered the 4 Worbla parts in PVA/water ready for a paint job tomorrow!

34.jpg33.jpg

Let's see what it looks like tomorrow! Then I have to get on with her belt before tapping up her leg and making her leg armor.

Man, this is looking so nice. I decided to start on a DoJ "inspired" Wonder Woman instead, but this is making me regret it! Fantastic work. Do you plan on making her props, too?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back