Wolverine Origins Questions

Boba Debt

Master Member
I know this thread is about an older movie and these questions may have already been answered but I recently re-watched this and still don’t understand why Gambit prevents Wolverine from killing Saber Tooth and then fights Wolverine.

And why does Sabertooth use this fight to “escape” when he could have used it to bad Wolvie?

That’s just a few questions I have for now.

He doesn't prevent anything, Gambit thought Wolverine was one of Strykers men coming after him so that's why he was fighting him. And for Sabretooth, he's was getting his ass whipped, I guess that's why.

That makes no sense

Gambit already knew Sabertooth, he mentions that the mutant that took him to the island wore dog tags like Logans.

SO Gambit sees a mutant that he thinks is going to take him back to the island stomping the mutant that did take him to the island and instead of trying to escape he decides to get right in the middle of that.

As I said, it makes no sense at all.

It does from a certain point of view. Gambit sees Logan as being the same as Victor, so he blasts him through the wall. Later he sees the 2 fighting and wants a piece of Victor as payback. Logan wants him all to himself so he knocks him out.

Gambit never wanted to fight Sabretooth, to tell you the truth, if you watch that scene, he doesn't even seem to pay attention to him.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back