Wolf's Cleaner Vial 1.0 - Paint Up Added

SMOKE

Hello Hunters!

Recently my big design client told me to take a break from there stuff, until they are done dealing with some bank loan/company buy out stuff. So with some of my extra time and as another weekend project I decided to sculpt, mold and cast Wolf's Cleaner Vial. I still need to sculpt and mold the cap for it. That should be done tonight I wanted to get the base done first, so that I could sculpt the cap on to the top and mold it separatly. I would like eventually cast the whole thing in clear with the uv additive, so that they will glow nice and blue with a UV or blue LED(that's of course long term goals for this little guy.)

Whatcha think? I've been calling it "Project Space Pickle" :D

The original bend on extraction from the mold.
IMG_1384.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting guys and gals. (y)

I've given it some thought and I'm going to consider the above solid white resin cast a 1.0 . My 2.0 version will use just the casing from the 1.0 and the clear section will be cast separatly and it will slide into the case. and a also an upgraded new cap is in the works. I'm just not satisfied with the one I came up with. The only problem is the CrystalClear resin from Smoothon is pricey as hell and the only way I would be able to move forward with the clear resin it is if I could get rid of a few extra Kits or something.

Here's an update on the 1.0 Vial

I finished a cap(already planning on making another one.) I masked off the casing and painted and weathered it. Then I washed some ultra marine and a deep blue over the white area of the chamber. Then added the painted and weathered cap. It's 6 inches tall with the cap.

IMG_20120319_170529-1.jpg

A casing for the 2.0 version.
IMG_20120319_171346-1.jpg

Raw Vial and The trimmed casing.
IMG_20120319_141609-1.jpg

Edit: More Pics!

No black light, With flash.
IMG_1389.jpg

With black light no flash. Room lights are on too.
IMG_1390.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting folks!

Yeah man, My big design client(like the one that pays my monthly bills) has me on a "break" until they get some corporate cash flow stuff handled. Something about a loan and buying out another company. Until I get the word to start back up, I'm using the free time to catch up on some other small design projects I have locally and get some personal projects, I've been wanting to do, done.

I masked off the Chamber part to leave the white well ...white., Then, I rattle can sprayed the silver base for the case, I think the color was Aged Aluminum. It doesnt look aged at all tho. After that I weathered the case with a gloss black acrylic (heavy coat, make it black, wipe off excess while it's still wet). When it was dry, I removed the masking and washed over the white area the same way with Light Blue and then ultramarine Blue . I still need to gloss seal the whole thing.

Thanks Jose, went off of the pic that Don Jarr posted up in 2008( i think it was). With the painted version I wanted to play off of the white color and UV additive I put in the resin. So the washes of different color blues seemed like the right choice.

For the version 2.0 the chamber holding the liquid will be cast in clear resin treated with the UV juice. since the Case is hollow cast, There is more than enough room in there for a single UV led and a small battery pack to light it up like the 4th of july. In the next couple days I should be getting the new liquid chamber sculpted out and maybe molded(I think I have enough rebound left).

Here's a link to Don Jarr's thread. It had the reference I ended up using. I think I came pretty close to the original. http://www.thehunter...-of-blue-stuff/

Thanks man, I need and check with ReynoldsAM.com to see if they offer the Crystal Clear in a trial size. They don't on the website but they have a pic of some in a smaller trial size container. If they do then I can move on to making the clear chamber. If not I'm gonna have to wait a bit longer.

Yesterday Evening/Lastnight's weather aside, Today was a beautiful South Texas day. So I decided to pull a couple extra Vials to paint up. One for that popular auction site and another for a UV light pack. Same UV Light will light the UV treated clear 2.0 chamber.

Here's a couple pics of one of the paint ups.

No blacklight
IMG_1393.jpg

Blacklight only. Still working on rounding up a UV LED pack to put inside these little guys.
IMG_1395.jpg

Thanks for looking folks. (y)

Thanks Bro! I'm sure we can work something benificial for both of us. ;) Hell when the time comes I might have a 2.0 upgraded one might be ready for ya. I should be molding the new chamber tomorrow or the next day. After that I just a matter of gathering the funds for some Clear resin, making/casting a new cap for the new clear UV treated chamber and installing some uv leds with a switch.

Getting started on 2.0. I rotocasted a case and resculpted/molded the chamber to fit the case. Resculpted an molded the Cap. uhhhhm oh yeah, I orded about 10 UV LEDs, I think 1 should be enough to give the clear/uv treated chamber a nice glow.

IMG_20120323_230106-1.jpg

Chamber insterted into the case.
IMG_20120323_230045-1.jpg

Made a bit of headway on this build. Once I can get my hands on some CrystalClear from smooth on I'll be back in business with these lttle guys.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back