Wolfman talk has me thinking AWIL! Original production wolf head & legs

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

I've just added a few very cool pieces to my movie prop collection site and thought folks here might be interested in seeing them.

These came from Propstore.com, who many folks know have had (and do have!) a range of pieces from Rick Baker. When researching, I turned up several polaroids of a "test costume" of the wolf being walked around the parking lot during production. On closer examination, we determined this head was clearly from that suit (and the legs likely from it as well).

The wolf has always held a special place in my heart (even more so after I restored the original wolf costume for Bob Burns several years back!) and the opportunity to bring pieces that helped bring that wolf to the screen into my collection was one I could not pass up!

So enough of my blathering... on to the pics!

BTW, you'll note in the close up head shot there's a small lock of hair. When working on the wolf for Bob, we needed to "fill in" some missing hair on his cheek. I trimmed a small bit of hair from his underside and when the work was complete, these strands remained. Bob insisted I keep the lock of hair and it's a cherished memento of that experience!

Tom

AWILpreproHeadFeetweb.jpg

AWILpreproHead.jpg

What great pieces to own!! I've been a huge Rick Baker fan from the late 70's with The incredible Melting Man, then King Kong & AWIL just blew me away! I loved seeing your restoration of the AWIL from Bob's collection as well. Great to see these awesome pieces ending up in a good home. :)

Thanks for sharing!!
-B89! :D

Wow Tom!

Awesome addition to the collection!!!!!!!!

I've been searching high and low for a "Beauty and the Beast" Vincent appliance for years now to no avail.

Congrats Tom....nice pieces. I think werewolf stuff is on par with your desire for all things Cantina, so it just makes it that much more special. Needless to say, it's great that you could add them to the Spina museum!

Damn Tom.
You are one lucky SOB.
Those are some of the most iconic pieces of film history
I've ever seen in private hands.
Congrats,
Larry

Ha, as I opened this thread, someone called my cell... my ringtone?

Bad Moon Rising.

You have all the coolest stuff, Tom!

Thanks all for the kind words! It's always nice when you can share stuff like this with people who truly appreciate it!

Ha, as I opened this thread, someone called my cell... my ringtone?

Bad Moon Rising.

Too funny!

I think werewolf stuff is on par with your desire for all things Cantina, so it just makes it that much more special.

Indeed! I'm such a sucker for those furry, fanged creatures (and AWIL in particular!). :)

Tom

Great memories of going to a movie I really wasn't 'old enough' to get into. :lol Love that wolf!!!

As usual, great stuff, Tom. Best werewolf in cinema history as far as I'm concerned. Is that blasphemous? :confused

Speaking of this wolf, is there a clear audio file anywhere of just the howl? It still gives me chills today.

Outstanding pieces from a truly outstanding movie and a truly outstanding werewolf design. But I guess I'm gonna have to be the one to say something.
The photo of the wolf walking-rig with the legs sticking out of the ass is just TOO bizarre...!:lol

What an amazing piece of movie history to own....

:love

Not only that, but you restored the screen used one too.

Tom, you are a cool dude.:thumbsup

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back