Wolfman 2010 original costume display

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

We're proud to showcase a really special custom display for an original costume from The Wolfman (2010). The client had Benicio Del Toro's tattered wardrobe and a stunt fur wolfman suit with hands. He knew that a regular mannequin just wasn't going to work for Oscar winning fx wardrobe!

So we set out to make a top notch display to bring this costume back to life.

The project came in while we were moving to our new studio, so we brought Rich Krusell of Gotham-FX to help with the head, as that was going to take the most time. Rich has worked with us before and his talent and eye for detail always impress! He did an amazing job capturing that Rick Baker style and Rufus Hearn did an outstanding job punching the hair on this beast's head!

Shortly after, we started work on the themed base and body form, trying to give him a pose with some pop. While that was being worked on, we sculpted new claws (the hands were missing their claws and the feet would need them as well), which Lonnie Hale then molded and cast in two-tone translucent resin to match the originals.

Lastly, a pair of realistic wolf feet were created, and the hair carefully punched to match the style of the suit. Speaking of hair, we used National Fiber Tech for custom blended hair to ensure the new head and feet would match the original costume identically.

A lot of people worked with me on this project and I'd personally like to thank all of them for their efforts! The client was speechless when he came to our studio to see the completed display.... there's nothing like a happy client and display we can all be proud of.

For MANY more pics and full credits for the project, please visit the project page on our site:

Wolfman 2010 Movie Costume Display Werewolf Statue

Also be sure to check out the video for even more behind the scenes pics: YouTube -The Wolfman Movie Werewolf Costume Display

Thanks for looking!

best,
Tom

The costume pieces as they arrived in our studio:
Wolfman-2010-Werewolf-Movie-Costume-Display-1_1.jpg

The finished piece:
Wolfman-2010-Werewolf-Movie-Costume-Display-Statue-3_1.JPG

A closer look at the new feet, base and claws:

Wolfman-2010-Werewolf-Movie-Costume-Display-Themed-Base_1.JPG

A closer look at the head and Rich Krusell's amazing work:
Wolfman-2010-Werewolf-Movie-Costume-Lifesize-Bust-Sculpture-3_1.JPG

Last edited:
:eek The owner is one lucky guy! Amazing work from Tom and team as usual. The body and face sculpt and detailing are top notch, the pose brings it to life so much! I got to wear part of the costume myself luckily while working on the film. The quality of the work was second to none, just as it is here!

Stunning work on a fantastic piece.

Thanks to all for the kind words!

Everyone who worked on this was dedicated to making the display something really special. As always, I was lucky to have had this incredible group of artists working together! :)

best,
Tom

I really disliked the movie but you did an amazing job to this costume!
You and your staff never cease to amaze us! :):thumbsup

Tom just started this thread as a cover for his real job. He is a werewolf farmer and needs to be stopped I tell you! :angel

I have ran out of words for Tom and his team.

Saying they are #1 in the world at what they do is still an understatement.

Tom's resume doesn't need to have one word on the pages. Just pics.

Bravo good sir. If I had to guess which parts were scratch built... No possible way.

As always...

(y)thumbsup

Ken

Having worked on this film on the (gasp!) digital side, we had some of the costume pieces for reference. Swatches of fur and hands and stuff. Some of the clothes I think. All of it was designed to be seem for fleeting glances, moving in and out of light and shadow (and on a big screen , not in person) - and it showed. I never could imagine that it would make as good a display as this. Fantastic work!*

Gene

* - as always

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back