Wolf whip finished

Mardikrewe

Okay all ......... finished the whip today. It is actually a LOT longer than it looks in the picture, took forever to make the spine segments. Not sure if I'm happy with the color.

Comments welcome ........ please!:D.

Not sure why the last one did not come up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic indeed. You should post a huntorial. I'd love to sport one of these with my costume, even though I'm rockin the P1/AVP stuff.

Actually it was quite easy .... just very time consuming ....... 12 hours total.

Cost ........... 72.00 USD.

1. Bought handle from Ruffkintoy. Awesome handle and a great price!

2. 7 sheets of black craft foam.

3. 16,000 glue sticks ........ JK.

4. Minor amounts of paint (chrome silver, semi gloss black, flat aluminum and gun metal.

5. I did buy an actual whip but one could use just rope if they wanted to.

THATS IT! I found the pattern here on the site but can't remember where I found it. It "was" printable so I did. Kudo's to whoever that was :D

Thanks all.

Looks epic!

I put templates up, and it looks similar enough you might have used mine, but then again I know others have posted some too, so I'm not sure, but if you did use mine I'm very pleased. And either way, nice work ^_^

I think it WAS you Pastry ........... Extra Kudo to you for me not remembering. I think you may have had a tutorial as well? Thank you for you pattern, it saved a load of time I'm sure.

!!!!!!! Not sure if anyone noticed, In didn't, laying beneath the whip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's my new REAL aluminum gauntlet spikes .......... hehe. I might get trouble at places with real metal spikes but they look quite plastic and one would have to actually touch it to know any better.

Just got tired of blades breaking and re-engineering things.

Looks just like his real whip!!! FOAM?? Could have fooled me, haha! Should get a picture of you using it, just to see its size in relation to you.

I will take some pictures asap and put them out with the whip unreaveled and in relation to me but .......... I'm 6' 5" so ......

Standard whip size, no, they come in various length's. On Ebay there were 8, 10 and 12 foot easily had for cheap. I bought the 10 foot whip and cut off about 1 1/2 foot of handle. I suppose it might go nearly 9 foot with the tail tip piece.

I will take some pictures asap and put them out with the whip unreaveled and in relation to me but .......... I'm 6' 5" so ......

Standard whip size, no, they come in various length's. On Ebay there were 8, 10 and 12 foot easily had for cheap. I bought the 10 foot whip and cut off about 1 1/2 foot of handle. I suppose it might go nearly 9 foot with the tail tip piece.

Cool. Good to know, thanks. Again, turned out GREAT!

I did some searching but couldn't find the templates for the barbs you used for your whip. Could you point me in the right direction? Seeing this whip convinced me to make one of my own for my costume.

I did some searching but couldn't find the templates for the barbs you used for your whip. Could you point me in the right direction? Seeing this whip convinced me to make one of my own for my costume.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=18039

If he used mine that is, this is where to find them ^_^ Just have to scroll down a little. Otherwise, there are also these:

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...=whip+huntorial

Those are the ones that inspired me. I just made mine a little more pointy.

And np mardikrewe ^_^

Well .......... that confirms it. It was yours Pastry. THANKS! I too saw the first huntorial and went with your design because of the extra pointiness ......

Thanks again for your help with it!

Jeff / Mardikrewe

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back