Wolf/Prince/Pirate Costume

Guri

Sr Member
This isn't replica at all - it's an original design I came up based on the concept the director gave me. A prince who turns into a seductive wolf.

thumbwolf1a.jpg

I made the pattern out of a gray heavy material and it turned out there were two princes in the play, so I used the pattern for the other prince.

thumbsilverprince3.jpg

To see more photos in hi rez and details on how I planned and created the costume, you can go to my site.

Into The Woods at Eastern University

The musical isn't until next week... can't wait to see them on stage.

Guri

:cry 80+ hits no replies?? :cry

What happened to supporting original and/or home made projects?

:angel

Guri

How exciting to see your creations on stage.

The mask is excellent :) Is it very heavy?

I have a quick question about how you made the boot toppers. It's hard to tell from the pics how it finishes around the front near the toes. How did you cut it, and how does it stay down? I need to do something similar soon, and I've been looking at what other people have done.

Thanks guys. :)

The mask is super light - the front part is made out of craft foam and the rest is just one layer of fur.

Next week is the performance at Eastern University - I'm very excited to go watch.

As for the boots - there are multiple photos on the site *link above* but they aren't process pix... Let me see if I can answer your question though...

There are several pieces that I sewed together. I basically got the shoe the actor would be wearing and wrapped a piece of cotton fabric over it. Then I drew on it the pieces I was going to cut it out. I based the pieces on a pair of boots I already have and it seemed to work out really well.

The top of the foot piece I sewed on mostly on the machine. The first time it flapped when he walked, and to tighten it I merely ripped out the stitches around the edges and pulled it a bit tighter. It was really a tough fit that I had to experiment with through trial and error.

boot6.jpg

Not sure that helps any... let me know if you have any more specific questions.

Guri

thanks. Were you in the show or did you build the costumes?

I was also asked to make the cow, but had to decline - faaaar too much work than I wanted to take on.

Guri

Originally posted by Guri@Mar 25 2006, 11:29 AM
:cry  80+ hits no replies?? :cry 

What happened to supporting original and/or home made projects?

:angel

Guri
[snapback]1213114[/snapback]​

I support. I'm very impressed. I've seen Into the Woods several times, and your costume is as good or better than anything I've seen regionally or professionally. The lack of replies may simply be a lack of wit. At least, that's my excuse.

You did an amazing job on those costumes. Lots of talent. I'd like to start a pirate costume, sooner or later, but it gets intimidating. I can sew, but sometimes the task looks daunting. You make it look easy. great job.

Thanks HarleyQ, I was just doing a bit of fishin' *heh* I know people support. (and I don't post my support in kind as much as I should :confused )

Mxlplx, Go for it. Make the jacket first in $1 a yard fabric or an old sheet you don't need or curtains from a thrift store... I used the Simplicity 4923 (Jack Sparrow) pattern and just modified it a bit after I made it. (the fronts of my jackets open more for an earlier period of costume and to allow the dancers more room) After building armour from scratch I always feel like I'm cheating using a ready made pattern - but it's SOOOOoooo much easier on the brain. :confused

Starfirephoenix, cool. :)

Guri

I was in it actually, I played the Baker, if you are familiar. (I always find it hard to tell people Im "the Baker", if they don't know the show. It sounds like a filler part.)

I definatly love how original your take on the costume is. I'v never seen a version like that before. (out of man MANY versions.)

Originally posted by Guri@Mar 28 2006, 11:20 PM
thanks.  Were you in the show or did you build the costumes?

I was also asked to make the cow, but had to decline - faaaar too much work than I wanted to take on.

Guri
[snapback]1215143[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back