Wolf Predator Mines /claymores

Pestvic

Well-Known Member
Hey everyone! I wanted to start a new thread about these mines. I designed them in CAD
image.jpeg

and did some .3 layer test prints
image.jpeg
and crude test painting Haha. Anyway! I think they look great!
image.jpeg

I only tested this side with dimpling cause it's a throw away mine. Definitely adding it to the rest though. Anyway, I'm going to print more with a finer resolution and finish these up. Going to add some blinking red LEDs. I'm making a video tutorial right now up to this point. Possibly going to sell them as kits and definitely posting the 3D stl files on shapeways. I'm having tons of fun coming back to the board and making these. I think next I'll go for armor and dred rings. Any suggestions? Thanks for looking!
 
Nice job on those mines! If you're printing with ABS I might suggest using Acetone to smooth out the layers. Here's a pretty good video showing the process (real easy). I use a similar process at work with great results.

 
Nice job on those mines! If you're printing with ABS I might suggest using Acetone to smooth out the layers. Here's a pretty good video showing the process (real easy). I use a similar process at work with great results.

Yeah I've done this before, if I print a finer resolution and a little sanding it will come out smooth as well. I might try doing an acetone test with one. I still have my vapor chamber setup somewhere :p
 
Wiring is coming along great on the test/scrap mine! Total cost for me so far is about $10 for paint, wiring, and one light so far. I need 4 more lights from harbor freight so it will cost another $8 to finish all five claymores.

Printed the shells
image.jpeg

Bought harbor freight light ($3 or free on sale)
image.jpeg

Took it apart (all the electronics you will need are in the harbor freight light.)
image.jpeg

Printed the Led/Button inserts
image.jpeg

The most time consuming part was extracting and wiring these little leds together. It took about 30 or so minutes so finish it up. This is what it looks like when one strip is done. (I going to use hobby wire for the rest because it's way cleaner than using small wire. Either way it won't matter because I will be covering it up with liquid electrical tape.)
image.jpeg

The square hole is for the "hidden internal activation button". So all you will have to do to turn it on, is press the center of the claymore.
Top side
image.jpeg

I tested the button and everything works and blinks perfectly! I'll be making a video tutorial soon. :)
 
Great work man, is there any way to make the led's turn on by remote?

Looking forward to seeing your video on how to
I'm filming as I go, so far so good! Almost done :) just got another two lights so I can film from start to finish. Will be up soon. As far as the remote switch we could possibly try to steal it from a cheap RC car and wire it in. Would be awesome!
 
Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back
Top