WOLF MASK PAINT-UP

Silverado

Here is some pictures of my wolf mask I have been workin on for awhile. It is foamed inside and I am going to do some detailing and then put the dreads on. Hopefully tomorrow.

wolf_masks_003.JPG

wolf_with_teeth_021.JPG

The thing with the paint is that it looks like the colors are too drastically different. Just from looking at the thumbnails I can see white, green and pink....they are noticeable whereas they should all blend together. For example: if you try blending the white into the pink more and blending the green into the edges of the white you will find that its harder to differentiate where the colors originate.

Also, on the spots, are you using an airbrush or handpainting? I would try to strive for a more circular pattern to the spots, or you can try shaped, but they need to be more defined. Its a good start, but remember that you can always paint over what you have started and start over again.

I'm not cutting your work down, I'm just looking at it from my point of view - and other peoples opinions are what kept me on my toes - hope it helps and make sure you have fun painting because thats the most important thing. You have to look at it as a work of art in progress...you can always alter it until you are satisfied with what you have created. ;)

i think the scarred part of the face looks great! but i w ould blend the colors more so it doesnt have the drastic clown-face effect. but you said you still needed to do the details, so maybe im speaking too soon? but great start! like i said, the scarred face coloring is great!

i agree with predatrhntr, the colours need to blend a little more, at the mo u have like a two face thing goin on, good start tho keep it up

Jason thanks for the critique it is helpful and I appreciate the help that is why I posted it here because I KNEW THERE WOULD BE A LOT OF HELPFUL FEEDBACK!. I have some more work to do for sure. I am going to have a little trouble getting rid of the 2 face look though because I actually wanted the damaged area to be more of a standout extreme look but I have some ideas that might help. I am going to work on it but it might take a while if I can stop crying! ;) Seriously though keep em coming and thanks to Wolf Predator and Youngnpred for their input and thanks in advance to all who add comments good or bad. like or dislikes!
I will post again after making some adjustments!

Updated picture! I used the advice and used air brush on dots. Best I could do! did some changes still have some blending and areas I am going to work on before I seal it with Perma Wet.

wolf_wolf_004.JPG

Looking good I can almost feel the acid burn. Are you using cretex airbrush paint?

Twisted One

quote name='predator666thepain666' date='Aug 4 2009, 06:14 PM' post='153493']
WOW huge improvement, looks awesome ;) Whose Wolf mask is it?
[/quote]

Yes I am using createx paints! The acid burn greens I never used any actual premade green paints at all. I painted browns and blacks then took a small brush and used transparent yellow brushed over the shades of black and browns and get the different greens. A trick anyone wanting to simulate a damaged preds blood can use is put down shades of black and brush on the transparent yellow heavily so it runs over black painted areas and it will be a flourecent looking green like preds blood , painting over browns will give you a variation of greens.,.

Looking good I can almost feel the acid burn. Are you using cretex airbrush paint?

Twisted One

quote name='predator666thepain666' date='Aug 4 2009, 06:14 PM' post='153493']
WOW huge improvement, looks awesome ;) Whose Wolf mask is it?

By the way this wolf mask is a Suckface Studios creation. this is one of 2 raw masks I purchased from him quite awhile back and just got around to painting it.
I know I have had some members wanting to know who made it.
so now you know!

The differnece between your first and last picture is dramatic. Just shows you, asking the Lair for advice pays dividends. This is starting to look really good now and Suckface's Wolf is one of the best masks around.

ALOT better in the update.

I think the mouth is still alittle TOO bright, if you added some purples and browns in there it would again give a different dimension to the burn being the same all the way down.

Thanks Lee I will see what I can do in that area.

ALOT better in the update.

I think the mouth is still alittle TOO bright, if you added some purples and browns in there it would again give a different dimension to the burn being the same all the way down.

Thanks to the help I received from the Lair members I have finished painting my wolf mask and here it is just after my 2nd or 3rd coat of permawet not sure. My grandson Brady was over and he likes to help!

Jason thanks to your suggestions I think I came out pretty good for my first mask paint-up. Thanks Lee I took your suggestion also and toned down the mouth with some browns and purples. :p

I am going to put dreads on next!

wolf_mask___BRADY_002.JPG

wolf_mask___BRADY_003.JPG

wolf_mask___BRADY_012.JPG

wolf_mask___BRADY_004.JPG

wolf_mask___BRADY_005.JPG

wolf_mask___BRADY_010.JPG

wolf_mask___BRADY_008.JPG

wolf_mask___BRADY_014.JPG

looks really really good, i think yove done a good job, think it looks alot better now you have seperation from the mouth burning and forehead burning.

well done :p

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back