Wolf Lass Suit WIP

hey pastry. could i ask what kind of foam material did you use for your armor. i bought that foam like sheet from ben franklin and ive tried to heat it, but it just wont bend to take the shape that i want it to be. please if anyone know of any other foam type materials that would be great.

At last some more pics. Sorry it took so long. Here is me wearing some of the armour I made from foamies and suede. Still need to put some clips or buckles on it (using paperclips and pegs to hold it on in the pic). And I have some gauntlets, a neckring and boots to go with it, but I haven't finished airbrushing them yet.

Am pretty happy with it for my first try with foamies armour. I don't much like the straightness of the shoulder straps, but I was thinking of decorating them with some sort of basic tribal pattern, maybe even little alien skulls or just something to break it up a bit. Will have the skin ready soon hopefully, the latexing is just slow because the smell of it makes my sister feel sick, so I do it when she's out of the house. And then when that's done the challenge of airbrushing it successfully will be next.

And I held up the bio to get an idea of its size in comparison to the armour, and I think it's about the right size, so yay.

full-no-bio.jpg

armour-close-up.jpg

full-with-bio.jpg

Cool another female Predator in the works! And a Wolf at that! Your suit and whip is looking good so far! Can't wait for the finished product!

Your whip is very inspiring, makes me want to make my own. I think those templates will come in hand sometime. Thanks for those The Whip looks awesome so far.

hey girl one suggestion dont wear the black undersuit under the armor it would look bad ass without.Love the look

Hehe yeah, just wore it this time cause it was cold, but when the skin is done it will be a very pale grey/almost white colour, with some darker grey shading, which will set off the armour much better ^_^

And thanks TehEl1te for the comments on the whip, post pics if you make one ^_^ And thanks everyone else for the kind words.

looks great really cool tip on the the wolf whip made from foamies i did not know that foamies went flexible like styrene when heated up

Alrighty, got some more done this weekend ^_^

I've made a bandolier for the claymores, however as I don't think the traditional one would look good with my chest armour, I've turned it into a garter belt style thing instead. And I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's not real leather, just faux leather I cut up from an old laptop bag, which worked quite well I think. A little elastic keeps it on, with velcro as a backup. Some of the pics below are of the bandolier, and in one I've put it on my duct tape dummies leg to give you an idea of how it will look when worn.

I also tried sculpting for the first time since high school, with Fimo (polymer clay) which I've never used before. Made a claymore. I'm not super happy with it, I'd like the shape to be a lot cleaner, the edges sharper, but it looks okay from the distance people seeing me in my costume would see it, so meh it's okay. Not good enough to make a mould out of though, and as only two will fit on the leg bandolier, I'm gonna make the second one from scratch to give me a bit of practice, and if I get better I'll just make copies of that one to replace the first I made. In the pics you'll notice I haven't added the centre clip thing to hold it together: I still have to buy something to use for that. And I might change the normal gold colouring later if it looks odd with the rest of my armour.

Also, while it is a fairly simple thing to make, I figured as I have templates for the bandolier I made, I might as well share them. The centimetre measurements are accurate, but the inches were me comparing one side of my ruler to the other, so if they don't sound right feel free to correct me on them.
bandolier.jpg

claymore-on-bandolier.jpg

on-leg.jpg

claymore.jpg

And here's the template ^_^
bandolier-template.jpg

Thanks il1keme ^_^

And I finished the garter belt bandolier, yay.

Improved the claymores a bit by cutting up some wiring and sticking it onto them, and got a bolt cap end thingo for the middle to hold it all together.

bandolier-complete.jpg

bandolier-competele-worn.jpg

ummmmm can you wear this at the wedding, and move to the states?

Thanks il1keme ^_^

And I finished the garter belt bandolier, yay.

Improved the claymores a bit by cutting up some wiring and sticking it onto them, and got a bolt cap end thingo for the middle to hold it all together.

bandolier-complete.jpg

bandolier-competele-worn.jpg

Thanks ^_^

And OMG I'm so excited. I found out tonight that without telling me, my roommate built and programmed me a little animatronic robot arm to use for a plasma cannon! It has full movement, I'm so excited! It's connected up to a Wii nunchuck that I can hide in my gauntlet, and I'll be able to move it by using the little stick on the nunchuck (or just by moving my arm if I want). He's quite disappointed he couldn't get it to follow my head movements, but I'm pretty damned impressed with what he has done. He's going to put together a little tutorial on how he made it sometime, and I'll post that and pics when we take some.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back