Wolf Lass Suit WIP

Pastry

Instead of making a bunch of random posts I thought I'd dump all my updates here from now on. Am building a kind of tribal looking Wolf suit. Got my bio from Casey, a Usurper undermask, dreads from Bambooie and boots from Antcarb. Gauntlets and backpack from Antcarb are also on the way. Doing the skin the Macguyver way. Wasn't happy with my first try so I threw it out and started again, but I'm glad I did, cause the second unitard didn't have a seam right down the front, so that's an improvement. And have done most of the armour myself.

Spent all day today working on my whip. Made the barbs a bit more spiky than usual to match the rest of the costume. Attached them to an actual whip with hot glue, with a blade on the end, so the whole thing kinda resembles an alien tail with the bones sharpened. Plan to paint it black and make it real shiny to accentuate that look. Just need to do the handle (still deciding how to approach that, want to combine the original style with the vaguely tribal look) and I can paint it.

And thanks to lethalshot for the handy huntorial.

For anyone who hasn't used foamies before, all you have to do to shape them is heat them over the stove for a few seconds til they get floppy, then hold them to shape til they cool down, as in the pics below. It's really easy.

whip-1.jpg

whip2.jpg

whip3.jpg

whip-4.jpg

whip5.jpg

And here are the templates I drew up and used for the barbs if anyone would find them helpful.
IMG.jpg

And might as well put what I've already done here too.

Armour for the side of my thighs.
DSCF3220.jpg

The codpiece! Have aquired some very cheap gold leather (probably because it's gold) that I'm staining black to go under this and use for various belt bits, armor straps and butt flap.
DSCF3218.jpg

Chest armour, design stolen from Lineage 2, made the templates off in game pics I found.
DSCF3214.jpg

Found this on ebay. So awesome.
21952_257341222071_547947071_3182023_6310763_n.jpg

And here is my Wolf Bio I got from Casey. I got it raw and painted it myself.
Painted_Wolf_Biomask_by_Lathana.jpg

Am under house arrest for a little while due to a case of Whooping Cough (the house arrest is so I don't spread it cause it can be fatal to kids, so no baby killing for me) so hopefully I'll get a lot done this week ^_^

I have one of these shuriken as well. It's pretty damn nice for less than half the price of the resin one. And with real blades, like you said. It originates from trueswords.com. There's also a multitude of other cool weapons there as well.

Nice work so far on your build.

Hello ,

Really cool whip,and nice paint-up of your Wolf Bio.May I ask what you used for paint and the technique,airbrush,spray can ect?Look forward to the final product.

Nice Job, Daren

Thanks everyone ^_^ Am gonna work on it some more today with luck.

To PredatorHunter34, I painted the bio using sponges, as a few others on the Lair have suggested. It is really good for getting that metallic used look. Did my armour the same way. And I just used normal acrylic paints. I started with darker colours and worked my way up to the lighter shades of silver. And I used a normal brush for fine detail, such as silver highlights around scratches in the mask, which really brought them out. Hope that helps!

Bryan!!!! You just got married, step away from the computer and pay attention to your misses!!! :D :lol:

And that is a nice whip, keep up the good work!!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back