Wolf concept sculpt

frosty

Sr Member
*moved*

Well i thought it was about time i sculpted another pred, seeing as my last attempt died a death after i left it for to long!
I know loads of people have done the wolf so far, but i've not been able to sculpt for a while, and i'm doing a different version, so ;)
I allways liked the concept pred that steve wang did, apart from the shortened dreads, it has more of a forehead area and less of that sloping ski run look, one thing that bugged me about old wolfie.
I'm using WED clay for this, works really nice, never tried it before, takes detail well.
Heres a pic of Steve wangs version
l_dd80ad645b01e55e2206a0e20ed822dc.jpg

And mine, still very rough, and i've left most of the mandibles off so i can get in easier.
wolfpredworkinprogress001.jpg

wolfpredworkinprogress002.jpg

wolfpredworkinprogress003.jpg

More to come

l_dd80ad645b01e55e2206a0e20ed822dc.jpg

wolfpredworkinprogress001.jpg

wolfpredworkinprogress002.jpg

wolfpredworkinprogress003.jpg

lol my reply has gone lol what i said lol was it would be cool to see a none battle scared wolf every one seems to sculpt them with lol

Thanks guys!
And thanks for the heads up Lee, i've deleted the other thread, didn't know we could do that, learn something new every day!
An unscarred wolf would be a good idea, but i think he looks better all gnarled up

Happy to help buddy

Just great to see more people sculpting ;)

still need more head makers though :) so maybe you should make another after hehe.

still need more head makers though so maybe you should make another after hehe.
[/quote]
Well let me finish this bugger first, lol i allways fancied doing a P2 but you've beat me to it, or an elder, have to see what i can come up with, after this i'm doing mean machine angel from dredd the movie

Well illness and my nan in the hospital has kept me from working on this, but tonight i did a couple more hours work
claysculpt003.jpg

claysculpt005.jpg

claysculpt001.jpg

Still got lots to do, the teeth are just roughed in so i can see what it looks like, started roughing in the crown and back of the head, got ahead of myself on the detailing , but it won't matter, more to come

claysculpt003.jpg

claysculpt005.jpg

claysculpt001.jpg

I like it so far - I can totally see it taking shape and the direction you're going. Thats the cool thing about sculpts - you can alter and change them as you go.

Sorry to hear about the illness and your nan. Hopefully you are getting better and your nan is doing better.

Thanks mate, last few years have been tough, but i allways say theres allways some poor bugger worse of than you!.
I'll be hopefully finishing this and getting it cast up next week, but things are still up in the air at the moment.

Some people have mailed asking what i'm using for the armature, its a foam armature, i filled one of those P1 masks i had with a two part hard polyfoam, then once it was set i removed the latex giving me a surface to sculpt on.
Then i stuck it on a mannequin shoulder piece i had.
Not recasting i might add, or anything similar as once you remove the latex your left with a nobbly foam form which just has the right pred shape.

Can't beleive I missed this thread.

Great Sculpt you can learn a lot from sculpting others work - Not copying but a training in observation and finding how forms are created

The clay is nice stuff to work with, and stays wet a lot longer than ordinary water based clay, hoping to get back to the sculpt soon.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back