Wizarding World of Harry Potter

nwjedidave

Sr Member
Just got back, and I got to tell ya - they did a FANTASTIC JOB!

My wife is the big HP fan, but *I* was impressed with what they did.

I would guess I drank my weight in butter beer, and having tried the most googled home recipe, I think between my wife and I, we have it pretty much figured out.

Now my quest is to find the most non sweet type of cream soda syrup and go from there.

My wife and I were there last May and we loved it. It was a lot smaller then I expected but the details of everything there were great. I think I liked the walk up to the Hogwarts ride more than the ride itself!

Just got back, and I got to tell ya - they did a FANTASTIC JOB!

My wife is the big HP fan, but *I* was impressed with what they did.

I would guess I drank my weight in butter beer, and having tried the most googled home recipe, I think between my wife and I, we have it pretty much figured out.

Now my quest is to find the most non sweet type of cream soda syrup and go from there.

Yep, they did do a fantastic job, I hope to get to go back sometime soon!

Per the butter beer, because of all those wicked calories, I use A&W Diet
Creme Soda and Lite Cool Whip......unless you're all uptight about artificial
sweentners like aspartame which A&W diet drinks uses.

Besides no calories and no sugar the best part about A&W Creme Soda is no
caffeine....well, no, the best thing about it is that it is one of the VERY FEW
diet sodas that doesn't taste all diety with that yuck aftertaste....

.....so those two ingredients along with a couple of "secret ingredients" a friend
shared with me back when I was looking for a/the butter beer recipe......

Okay, so now I've talked myself into going to the store---thirsty, thirsty for butter beer!

Shylaah

Was there in December. I'm not a Harry fan at all, but Universal did a great job with it. I have loads of pix here.

Another Harry exhibit is being built where the JAWS ride was.

I checked out with some friends when we were down there for Celebration V. It was pretty awesome. Disney generally does the magical theme park thing better than anyone else, but the Wizarding World of Harry Potter was pretty awesome. I'm going back for Celebration 6.

Was the Wizard's Chess set going this time, or did they break it again. :lol

We had running bets on how long it would last, with most people guessing around two weeks. Totally overestimated it as the execs broke the thing on the very first day it was installed. Literally snapped the servo in half.

And they tell us that the fans are hard on the props. :rolleyes

Was there in December. I'm not a Harry fan at all, but Universal did a great job with it. I have loads of pix here.

Another Harry exhibit is being built where the JAWS ride was.

Great pics, and love your descriptions because I dont know alot of them either (my wife would though).

I did know one of them as the mandrake root, but your description literally made me laugh out loud

"Harry Potter's Wizard World Orlando

Whatever the hell this thing is."

:) thanks!

Was the Wizard's Chess set going this time, or did they break it again. :lol

We had running bets on how long it would last, with most people guessing around two weeks. Totally overestimated it as the execs broke the thing on the very first day it was installed. Literally snapped the servo in half.

And they tell us that the fans are hard on the props. :rolleyes

I saw the chess set working perfectly fine, but I can imagine it being very delicate! :lol

I saw the chess set working perfectly fine, but I can imagine it being very delicate! :lol

On no. It's not delicate at all. Very strong in fact.

They were pushing on the Queen's arms to force her to move, which literally burst the piston, and then reached into the electronics panel underneath and started ripping out wires from the computer.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back