wizarding world of harry potter coming to west coast!!!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by ultraman, Sep 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ultraman

ultraman Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

check it out people....now you don't have to travel all the way to florida any more!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    Cameron likes this.
  2. Dreddful

Dreddful Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I went to the Florida one last year TWO WEEKS before Diagon Alley opened....:facepalm

LOVED the place. Really felt like you were in Hogsmead.

3. ultraman

ultraman Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

that's awesome!......i'd love to go check one out sometime.

i wonder if the 2 parks will compete for bigger and better attractions?!?!?!

only time will tell.

4. Probe Droid

Probe Droid Master Member

I'm not a Harry person at all; never read the books and saw only a few of the films, but the Orlando park is quite impressive. Was there a few years ago before the new thing opened (and JAWS was torn down--you pigs!). Lots of pix.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Dreddful

Dreddful Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Their use of forced perspective is really unreal. The castle is a scale model but it really looks MASSIVE in person. Very impressive. And the butterbeer was good. The frothy stuff on top was amazing.

6. JoeG

JoeG Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

They closed a great concert venue in order to build this. :unsure First concert I ever went to.

7. NeoRutty

NeoRutty Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I've never cared for Harry Potter... Didn't like the books much... liked the movies less... but I took my kid to the Orlando park last year.

SUCKED right in. You would never know I wasn't a Harry Potter nerd.

Drank Butter beer (or whatever it's called), checked out all the rides, even bought a stupid wand I now look at on the shelf like "why did I buy this again?". I only keep it cuz it was still good times with the kidlet.

[​IMG]

Riceball likes this.
  8. Riceball

Riceball Sr Member

It's about time, now there's going to be something to actually make it worth going to Universal Studios for. Now if they only didn't charge so much for admission, hopefully they won't raise admission when Harry Potter opens but they probably will though.

Now the question is, once Star Wars Land opens at Disneyland and The Magic Kingdom, which is going to draw more people? Wizarding World or Star Wars Land? My money is on Star Wars since both Disney parks already have such huge draws. If Universal is smart, they'll expedite the opening of Wizarding World here in LA so they can get as much time as possible to draw tourists in before Star Wars Land opens and creates some serious competition. Hopefully that'll happen so maybe Disneyland will be slightly less crowded during that time and when Star Wars Land opens Wizarding World will be slightly crowded, win win for me and my family.

9. drcraig13

drcraig13 Sr Member

I don't know how it will work in LA but I know that in Orlando where I have a time share Star Wars land and HP will only make it a better trip. Of course I am a theme park nerd and I love going. For me it will be great because I will get my HP and SW fix at the same time and also get quality family time with the wife, kid and nephews who are all into it just like me.