Wizard World Philly Comic Con!

IndyBlues

Sr Member
Anybody here going? I went last year and it was a blast. Wondering if any fellow RPFers are going to attend this year. I plan on going both Sat. and Sun.

Having not gone to many of these things, I wanted to get advice on what to bring to get signed. I was thinking maybe some DVDs or some figures/comics, but I can't find any info on how much the signing tickets cost.
Mike

i will be there Sat and possibly Sun...with the PSWCS table and the Toy Heaven table....

I will be wearing a PSWCS shirt.....OR a Creature Cantina bowling shirt....

bring whatever, stuff will get signed, Mayhew is 20 bucks, there should be a list on line...look on the right side of the wizardworld site....

My 10th year in a row! I'll be there with Carida on Friday/Sunday and with the Philly Ghostbusters on Saturday. I'll also be running around with a group of Spaceballs Saturday afternoon.

It's this weekend? Damn. Well, I won't be able to make it, if that's the case. Shame, too. I'd like to go one of these years.

Awesome, I'll look out for you guys. I'm not sure what I'm wearing, aside from my brown Phillies cap. Probably a Firefly related t-shirt or the like.
Mike

Had a great time yesterday, but didn't run into anyone here (at least not knowingly).
Spoke to alot of folks, and my son was ecstatic seeing all the gear that folks were wearing. There was a girl who pulled off an amazing Marty McFly, that my son thought was awesome. Here she is with my boy, and a few other shots from the show.

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

P1020083.jpg

Going back today, hope to meet some of you folks. I'll be sporting the brown Phillies cap again, blue camo cargo shorts, and an Indy or Firefly themed shirt.
Mike

I was there yesterday. Saw some pretty good costumes, some that showed effort but needed work, and some that shouldn't be out in public.

Definitely putting something together for next year's WW, and will plan to go the whole weekend.

LOL, I thought that was her, but didn't want to bother her. She was all geared up and heading towards the DeLorean. It was early in the day, so I didn't want to slow her down. Figured we'd run into her again later.
Mike

Had a great time yesterday, but didn't run into anyone here (at least not knowingly).
Spoke to alot of folks, and my son was ecstatic seeing all the gear that folks were wearing. There was a girl who pulled off an amazing Marty McFly, that my son thought was awesome. Here she is with my boy, and a few other shots from the show.

Thanks so much for introducing yourself today, Mike. It was nice meeting you and I'm glad you and your son liked my costume! :cool

Our photos from this weekend can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/evilbenius/sets/72157626875277077/

Iycis, it was great meeting you as well. Great costumes!

That female Mando was with The Mandalorian Mercs costuming club, not sure where they hail from. They were very cool, let my kid play with the weapon props and helmets.

What's funny, is me and a friend put in two bucks each towards a raffle with them. The drawing was at 4PM, and we forgot all about it. On the way home, we BOTH got texts that we won the only two prizes, lol. Just my luck.
I texted them back to let them know the situation, and to give the prizes to the next person picked. Ah well, the raffle money was for a good cause, so it's all good.
Mike

I was there as well this year. Ran around a bit in my Animated clone commander Bly and wore some of my tactical gear with Umbrella Corporation patches on it.

I am so upset i did not get to meet more people from here! a mod ran up to me real quick who was with his family but he did not tell me his name and he was in a rush :<

hey man i was with the mandalorian mercs. we were from pittsburgh pa but the group it self is all over the US. and thank you for the donation its for a good cause.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back