Witch King Helmet

Snake126

Hello everyone,

This is my first build type thread on here even though I have been browsing the forums for a few years. This is also my first project that I started from scratch. I just thought I would post some pics in case anyone was interested in looking, and also to thank the other members who posted their witch king builds since they were a tremendous help!

Cardboard base, fiberglass and resin, layer of fiberglass infused bondo, and a layer of the bondo gold stuff. I got all of the bondo and sanding done while visiting my parents one weekend. However, I never got my dowels sanded down to a point, so that is the only thing holding me up at this point. Anyone have any ideas how I could get them down to a point indoors? (I live in an apartment, so noise is an issue)

Use a knife to carve the dowels somewhat pointy and then use high-grit to low-grit sandpaper to make the rest.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back