Wiring 2 in 1 LED/Laser pointers

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

purgedsoul

Hi Hunters,

I would like to share to the community, how to wire these cheap 2 in 1 LED flashlight/Laser keychains. Please check if you have these same laser pointer as yours might be different (Standard disclaimer reads: I will not be responsible for anything that happens to you or everything for following these instructions. Please be safe!)

These things are powered with 3 LR44 button cell batteries at 1.5Volts each.

img4927k.jpg

Here's a close-up of the switches

closeupswitches.jpg

The underside

After removing the switches and the LEDs the next step was to determine which terminals is for the positive and negative battery terminals. Ideally we would use a multimeter, but at the moment this was done, my meter was low on battery. What I did was took 3 1.5v AAA batteries and connect them in series; with wires connected, connect them to where the switches and LEDs where connected previously.

Don't connect them for a long time in reverse polarity, it may damage the lasers. Here's what I've found out

With wire's soldered, and a few clean-ups. Here's how mine looked like

Be careful in soldering these things, the laser diode is very sensitive to heat, it being cheap. Don't connect it directly to higher voltage without a limiting resistor if you plan to power it with batteries higher than 4.5v.

Hope this helps those having the same laser pointer. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

optimus11

dude thats exactly the same laser as mine however i got bored so i just wentand bought some laser modules there cheap as chips and should work the same great tut tho buddy