WIP - TNG Isolinear Chips

Yen in all the pictures i've seen, the labels do not wrap around completely, the is one side of the chip exposed. If you look at the images you posted, the chip is visible up the side of the label.

Hey everyone!

I know some of you thought this project had died a death dead, I'm here to assure you it hasn't. Simply life and health prevent me from enjoying my hobby as much as I might like. However here are some of the now finished chips, which I will be posting shortly in the other thread.

isochips.jpg

imag0072iw.jpg

Thanks, I'm really proud of those. I wanted to recreate the engineering scene hehe

Ent Data Modules - Yes i do want to try my hand at them

I was hoping to hear back from Freak61 regarding the white LDPE rods he had cut, but I have not been able to reach him. I think I have been able to source a supply here in the UK. The first hurdle with me the circuit pattern, then finding a way to put it on the acrylic and have it look like the originals or as near as. Due to my health, this might take me some time. But I do plan on working on them and making them as good as i can.

Cheers
J

Last edited:
Howdy folks. I've noticed that this thread has gone a little quiet. But I have a general question when it comes to getting ISO chips etched. Im hoping to make some ISO bodies for some solid state drives. I guess the Ent Data modules might be better suited for that. But I guess it would require larger acrylic pieces? I'm curious as to how you smart people might go about putting something like that together. Even building the Ent console to accommodate SSD "data modules" might a cool way to have drive connected to a machine?

R

Hi Mate

It's quiet as the project was completed :) Ended up making Voyager and TNG chips. To answer your question on the SSD iso chips, i would suggest you look at making your ships in two halves. Personally I would make solid colour chips with the SDCard's sandwiched between the two pieces of plastic. It is something I have looked at, but i've not have the drive to complete. If you get anywhere, let me know and by all means drop me a pm if you think i can help :)

James

Hi Guys,

The work looks amazing, esp love the colours & details on your cmdrTW.

I was wanting to make Trek Dog Tags from Iso's.

The clear Red, Ble & Yellow for the Dept colours with details laser etched on with either circ detailing at the bottom or one of those square barcode things that is coded with the persons details..

There is nowhere here (Vic, Australia) that can do what I am after.. Originally from England & could have them made there.

Anyone know who might be able to help with this??

VAdmMatt - PM me and i might be able to help you out :)

And to anyone wishing to nab an iso chip. I still have Voyager, TNG and TNG 1st season available.

Last edited:
Congrats and thanks to everyone who worked through this ages ago. I'm attempting to make my own TNG usb thumb drive isolinear chips. I keep hearing that the numeric codes on the chips indicate where they come from on the ship. Not all versions had codes (some had dots). Does this apply to any TNG versions? And if so, has anyone found a record of how the codes map to the ship?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back